1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Client Crash?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Cailleach, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Over and over and over again. Have run maintenance, rebooted pc and client, and yet I still crash whenever I try to log in. Seems I'm not the only one either - half the guild are doing the UO hokey cokey. Anyone else?

2. King Frankie

King Frankie Guest

I`ve experienced no problems.. sorry cali

Opps soz was Tia posting from frankies com for got to log in

3. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hehe, np.

It was weird; happened to a fair few in the guild, not just the ones who were out on the treasure hunt with us. Hubby managed to get in and asked on global chat and a few said it had happened to them. And some who were with us but not in the party had the same problem. Can't seem to put it down to anything. Finally got back in by logging tamer, then going back to Cail again. Stayed in then. No idea what happened.

4. Angel121

Angel121 Guest

Ironically I remember this happened a lot about 4-5 years ago, Only one part of the UK affected because of the route it took to get to the server's. So people down south where fine but people north of nottingham where totalled because of the telia server.

The partial packeting meant you had to log on as another toon and then back on who you where on.

Could have been that.

5. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I never had any problems and I live in Scotland - Cail does too.. So who knows?

6. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi there,

I actually have crashed a few times the latest week whenever I changes chars a few times fast.

Like in bod running.I can always log in immediatley after a crash with no problems.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

7. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I was able to log in without problems.
    Perhaps those who are crashing could back up their user data directories, then delete them, and try logging in?
    That would tell you if there's a problem with your local UO settings.

8. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

i cant even get in but maybe a totally unrelated topic and no response or advice on my post yet.
    for info just in case im in devon

9. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Lucy, I can't move your post as I don't have Mod powers over in the techy forum, but I do highly recommend you make a copy of it there - Wulf is an absolute marvel with the tech stuff, and there's some posters who are also very good :)

10. El of LA

El of LA Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor

Well guys it isn't just the UK. I've been crashing too and I'm in Wisconsin, US (north of Chicago). Perhaps the route is the cause but its a bigger route than just the south of the UK :).

When we had issues a few years back it had something to do with the status of the different main carriers we used vs what carrier EA was using. Perhaps the telecomms are warring again! :drama: