1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] Client only partially in English

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Jean-Loot PKard, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Jean-Loot PKard

Jean-Loot PKard Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

H everyone,

most of the menus and ingame items are shown in a different language. I am assuming it is Japanese since my PC can not display them properly. Any idea how to fix this?

I am using an English Vista64 (ultimate). I attached the picture of a treasure map so you get an idea. The client is of course not usable this way :(

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Hmm that is Quite the problem you are having. I do not know how to fix it But I was sort of wondering why no one else has responded, I assume for the same reason I did not respond at first (not know how to fix it) I know there is a setting in the user file about language, not sure if that would be of any help tho, you can try and check that out.

Looks like this:

<Options>
    <Language type="English" />
    <MouseScrollWheelUp action="None" />
    <MouseScrollWheelDown action="None" />
    </Options>

3. Jean-Loot PKard

Jean-Loot PKard Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

thanks :) that did the trick. The client was set to German oO. All fine now.

4. Cistolo

Cistolo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hello,

same Problem here for me. Where exactly do i find this file and how is it correctly named?

Thx for helping
    Cis

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Its inside: My documents/Eagames/UOSA/User Data/UserSettings.

6. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Dachte ich es mir gleich ;) ob das nur bei deutschen Installtionen auftritt ;)

7. Cistolo

Cistolo Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, got it. Thanks for helping!

8. Fink

Fink Guest

Is there any way to view both English and Chinese at the same time?

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not unless a mod could be made to do it! and I kind of doubt it could but not positive!

10. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It's funny, the client recognizes it, if you download it with a german IP. Then the language is automatically set to german - even though it is not supported! The result is that I had to explain this like 50 times to my compatriots. And there are surely a lot of them who weren't lucky enough to know someone that know the solution and thus are lost to the EC. :(

11. Fink

Fink Guest

It seems many decisions not to go with EC have come about through questionable choices in installations. Every time I've heard someone say "just open this unintelligible file in notepad" to address a basic fault I've wanted to scream (at EA, not the helpful person). It shouldn't be so difficult and people expect much better. Even KR loaded up fully optioned, which most people weren't prepared for or equipped to handle so they gave up. When I first tried KR I couldn't even navigate to the options to crank down the settings.

"But EC's still beta", but it's public and it's going to be in beta until they cancel it and it's 2010 already. This is 1990's compatibility-type screwing around that came with self-published independent shareware games. It is not the stuff you'd expect of a huge corporation pushing a decades-old franchise.

Excuse my harsh tone but I dread to think of how we've lost so many people, and so many opportunities to advance the game client, through these sorts of bungles. I realise past mistakes are not the fault of the current dev team but it just keeps happening time and again.

12. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

But this must be a newly intigrated non finished feature. With KR i never had this problem, maybe the Devs are planing to intigrate German again.