1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Client Tip: How to undock health bars stuck together

Discussion in 'UHall' started by JC the Builder, Oct 25, 2008.

1. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I can't believe this is something I read about only recently. It has probably been in the game since I started playing. I brought it up in guild conversation and about half the people knew, half didn't. So here is a topic to help inform even more people.

There is a way to undock health bars stuck together without having to close them all. Simply press Alt + Left-Click on the bar you want to move. Doing so releases it from the rest. The bar you clicked can now be dragged away or closed. If you press Alt + Control + Left-Click, you can drag the bar away without having to click a second time.

This is for the 2D client. I don't know if it works in Kingdom Reborn as well.

2. Xel Naga

Xel Naga Guest

I doubt any of the new uo employees know about this stuff let alone new players xD

These are the kinds of things they need to give newbies access to so they aren't floundering helplessly when they join the game without a mentor. It's just like logging into second life for the first time and not knowing wtf to do, getting frustrated, and just quitting.

It's the little things that matter :)

Good tip.

3. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

agreed, good tip :)
    often wondered the same.

4. You can also just hold down Ctrl and drag the bar, does the same thing just less keys :)

5. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

Been here since 97 and I never knew that. Nice. Thanks. That's two posts in a row thanking someone for being helpful. I hope the helpful thing is a trend that catches on with more people. Thanks again!

6. dielock

dielock Guest

Me too and same with my Guild Mates, Thanks for this tip.

7. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

lol I never knew this! Sweet, it works! tyvm! :D

8. Thanks. I never knew that!

9. dang! thanks!!

10. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I've been playing eight years and didn't know. Thanks :D

11. 10 years here,,, i remeber were was a way or atleast something that did do it... ... just forgot :O

Wow thanks good info hehe

12. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Thanks a lot JC! :bowdown:

I´ve always hated the close-all-and-make-new-ones thing...

13. Moonstar

Moonstar Guest

DITTO!
    thanks for sharing this info :D

14. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is new information, I believe its in the play guide, or somewhere quite easily available. Maybe in the Codex of Wisdom? I seemed to always have known it.

15. laurlo

laurlo Guest

thanks! I did not know you could do that.

16. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I just checked again to be sure and this is not working for me. Can you please explain in more detail how you are doing it with just the control key?