1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

cloaks are still dropping

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ludim, Jul 14, 2009.

1. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ughhh, if they are.

The devs are dumb

2. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not doubting that. But why take down the shard for 45 mins and not fix the most obvious problem

3. Maybe the fix was they still drop on the ground but when you pick them up they turn into explosion potions with the countdown timer on?

That would be cool.

4. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Aren't the cloaks of corruption supposed to be dropping, the revert I thought was to fix some people getting 2 for 1 on their life/death/power cloak turn ins. Or have I completely missed something?

5. The bug was one dropped in your bag, and one dropped on the ground -- 2 for 1, unless the stealthers that were hidden by the Seers got it first.

I haven't tested it myself since the Emergency Publish. I am a little hesitant to take "cloaks are still dropping heh" from an unknown poster as gospel.
    A more detailed post I'd be more quick to believe. I need to farm some more threads to test myself.

6. Galad

Galad Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Seems fixed on my shard

7. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think it was a reference to how the extra ones were appearing...

8. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I got confused by the term drop. I thought it was off the shadowlord kills. I turned in a cloak earlier to get a life cloak for my spellweaver [more for rp value]. The doors to the abbey opened but I didn't see anyone so I am assuming maybe the one that dropped to the ground was taken before I could see anything. *shrugs* I got what I wanted.

9. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

I dunno...even before the emergency take down of the shards I had not seen any drop to the ground...it "seemed" like it might have dropped on the ground, but there was no one there (gm tracking....) so...I dunno

10. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it really shouldn't be hard for professional programmers who have been doing this in the same game for years.... there is a team of them not just 1 person which makes it even easier, its amazing some of the bugs they deploy when new things come out and how long it takes to make changes.... things like ghost cams at champ spawns should have been fixed roughly 5+ years ago and look how long it takes

11. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Did you check for animals too? One guy that took mine showed up on tracking as a llama.

12. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Turned in my life threads and received one cloak in return - nothing dropped to the ground. Happy days!

13. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Yes I did, I am aware of the forms not tracking as "human", I have been at this tracking thing for a really long time now. :p Thank you for trying to help tho =D just saying I don't think it is "always" or...something is going on, dunno what. :)