1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cloaks of corruption

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RichDC, Jul 10, 2009.

1. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Ok so i read that the cloaks can at last be enhanced, i have 2questions:

1) How many threads are needed to enhance each cloak and which threads aare for which cloak

2)Is this live now or will it be a future development?

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This will come live with publish 59.
    Origin is already testing it, so wait till mayber monday or tuesday and the other shards will get it too.

3. Fink

Fink Guest

Can we still get the threads after the publish or do those get turned off?

4. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As on TC1:

1 cloak
    10 threads of (same type)

5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Thanks, i kind of assumed that pre patch and had stockpiled 500of each type to enhance all my cloaks

6. Damn......

Now I've got to start farming more threads....:cursing:

7. you can still get the threads on Magincia, the fate one are hard to get, the drop rate on the corrupt souls is a pain, my archer got two after fighting them for couple hour, at that rate I should have 10 fate by Christmas next year.

8. blueturtle

blueturtle Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

i just got 10 fate in like 10 min.... go me

9. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I tried on my mage and my husband tried on his archer but wasn't hardly getting any. I switched to my fencer and got them a whole lot faster. If I remember right after killing about nine or ten of them I would get one. On the other characters I would have to kill over fifty just to get one.

10. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Do the threads drop in your pack or are they looted?

11. They drop in the pack.

Certain templates get far more than others I noticed. My swordsman got one every 10 or so kills, while my mage was like every 100.

12. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

If I am not mistaken they use some code to handle distanced attackers, possible the same code that the Honor virtue uses? Or perhaps even some of the creatures that use special attacks on people who attack from a distance. (such as fan dancers)

13. thelust6

thelust6 Guest

Standard wraith form spawner is excellent for gathering threads - exorcise grey ghosts, blast red ghosts oh and talk (spirit speak) to the yellow ghosts, simple as really, I'd still luv to gather a group on Europa and see if it's possible to cleanse Magancia of it's ghostly cohort.

14. red ones - one poison strike and they die, if in close range, drops threads fairly quick. In an hours time I had more than enough threads to turn in all 3 cloaks and then some. I agree Necro is the best template to use, esp since 2 of the ghosts require you use necro skills.

15. Yalp

Yalp Guest

my dexers with chiv get them faster than any of my other templates.. wonder if it is the good v evil thing?

16. Not sure about the good v evil thing, but I can tell you that for atleast two of the new cloaks you will need a necro because you have to use spirit speak to get one type of thread and exocism to get the another type of thread. The treads of Fate I would say use what you've found as the best why for you to get them, but poison strike demolishes them and if you are going to be hunting for all 3 types of threads you might as well be on a char that can get all 3 types instead of switching back and forth between chars.

17. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

I still say its a distance thing :p

18. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have always found you needed a melee fighter in close to get the fastest drop rate. Was working with my archer with very little success, she also has swords so I traded up when I ran out of arrows and was getting 1 in 10'ish up close.