1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

CLOSED?!

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Arch Angela, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Arch Angela

Arch Angela Guest

This morning I went to try for my scroll of transcendence at the puzzler, when I ran into a brick wall, literally! I made it through an unmarked maze with minimal poison when lo and behold, fresh mortar! I only wish there had been some notification before I left bed!

Attached Files:

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It's closed on all shards, But what they should do is not only post it on UO.com but put a wall or sign at the START of the corridor, So people don't spend 5 minutes walking the hallway to find its closed and need to walk ALL the way back!

3. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You do know you can get a magical compass at the room on the right at the start of the maze?. That shows the path to take.

4. Arch Angela

Arch Angela Guest

oh yes, you can still get the compass...perhaps it would have been helpful had they taken that away too

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I discovered that I haven't needed to pick up the compass on any of my characters, since their first one.
    I always just get the gump up anyway, fully functioning.

On the closure side - not a moment too soon.
    A shame they didn't do it when the exploit first became apparent...

Anyway, I rather enjoy the corridor.
    It's more interesting than your average dungeon corridor, and allows for some interesting observations.
    Various combinations of fast/slow precise/clumsy, with the addition of folk who either don't get, or reject the puzzle of the corridor. Stepping one tile at a time, in a straight line, stopping each step to heal or cure.
    Like the rest of the new content, it allows for deviations from the norm, which keeps things a little fresher.

6. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I get the gump up all the time and I've never picked the compas up!

7. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

What exploit?

8. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

dont think its an exploit..more just peeps logging out unused chars there and relogging everyday with em all getting a lot of stuff....nothing wrong with that...

alas i think they made a big mistake with the 3.0 sots....should be 1.0 sots at max or just random number like normal sot drops 0.1- to 1.0 maybe.

9. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

There was an exploit, that allowed people to bypass the 24-hour timer, allowing them to chain it, and farm disproportionate amounts of the rewards.