1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Clothing Stat Transfers?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by WarderDragon, Oct 15, 2009.

1. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

I've been thinking about this for a few days, and someone highlighted it in another thread. It is getting very boring, seeing everyone running around in the same robes and aprons. When you're a roleplayer trying to design a suit that fits your character, and still is compeditive, it is even more frustrating.

"I'm a Knight in Shining Armor...and an Apron!"

So what if, as an Imbuner, you were able to trade stats with another piece of clothing that occupied the same slot? What if I were able to take my Shroud of the Condemned or Shroud of Death Stats and apply them to a Hakama-Sheta? Take my Crimson Cinture and turn it into a Woodland Belt or Obi? Or turn my Snake Skin Boots into Snake Skin Thigh Boots?

The positives? A bunch of very vain, but very happy roleplayers. The negatives? The textile industry is going to go down in flames.

2. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

While it would be nice to have more tasteful ways to dress. What happens if someone makes they crimson shoes, then puts on a regular crimson apron?

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That's my first thought too. This would be too unbalancing.

5. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

well only convertable to like slots and/or spesifice gargy slots

6. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable

Missed part about other slots. I say just the same slot. Other than that works for me. I would like to get and have something other than ugly ass elf robes for my +10 stealth cloak...haha...be cool go have it on a hooded robe (elf robes are hideous).

7. Ni-

Ni- Guest

I've wanted something like this since AOS. It would be nice to be able to convert an item to another graphic that uses the same item slot. e.g. Ringmail Chest piece to Platemail Chest piece. Crimson Cinture to Woodland Belt, Robe to another robe slot item(Dress?), Lt Sash to another sash slot item(Doublet?), ect...

A couple issues would be: changing non-medable armor to medable & vise-versa, changing a quiver to a cloak & vise-versa.

8. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I agree. My tamer looks like a ratbag. This is a nice idea!

9. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

As long as the piece you're converting it to uses up the same slot, I don't see any issue with this.

The way people dress is getting rather bland.

10. Masuri

Masuri Seasoned Veteran

Same slots would be great. This is totally a dev-made problem, and it's annoying. Clothing should never have gotten stats to begin with, it should always have been appearance-only. Power creep... meh.

Borrow a page from SWG, even: in SWG (and LOTRO as well) you can equip a set of gear that counts stat-wise, and a totally separate set of gear that is only for 'looks'. Additionally, SWG allows you to equip invisible gear to most slots, so you'd be able to gain the stats of the crimson cincture, while appearing to wear nothing in that slot whatsoever.

11. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i 100% agree with this.. i would LOVE to transfer the stats of the shroud of condemned to my hooded shroud of shadows.

12. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

I made a little bit of a boo-boo in my original post. I meant to say "in the same slot", but somehow I typed "another."

But that is exactly what I am saying. You'd be limited to the same slot. So robes could be transfered to Hakama-Sheta's, and Boots could be transfered to Boots, but you couldn't swap slots. So Hakama of the Condemned rather than Shroud of the Condemned, or Snake Skin Thigh Boots rather than Snake Skin Boots.

13. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

I was thinking Snake Skin Sandals!

Renaming them might be a little ... difficult for the coding I'm sure.

But swapping a graphic might not. Then again, I don't really know. It's up for the devs to decide.

14. +0.1 to this idea. I'd personally like the idea complete expanded to all armor... convert a Rune Beetle Carapace into a ringmail tunic.

I'm also tired of seeing the same outfits over and over, PvPers are the worse dressers in the world.

Half Apron
    Robe/Shroud
    Glasses
    Pendant/Collar
    Inquisitor's

15. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This is one of the best ideas... It would work very well for named arties. Not so much for runic crafted armor and stuff.