1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Co-owners of homes can remove your stone creations!?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Irulia Darkaith, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Irulia Darkaith

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Anyone else notice that players on a co-owner account can double click and remove stone walls, floors etc - as well as manipulating them with the decorator tool! Guess you better really trust anyone you co-own and ask them to check any decorating tool at the door.

2. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

That's not good. I would hope it would be that if the co-owner placed it - otherwise it would behave like any item house owner placed can't be altered by co-owners deal

3. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Wow....you're right...I just tested it....

@Kyronix not sure how this slipped by the testing phase but it's not good.

I would hope that most people trust the people they have co-owned to their house but you just never know.

4. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

If you don't trust someone, don't co-own them.

Would you give a key to your real life home to someone you didn't trust?

5. Irulia Darkaith

Perhaps trust wasn't the best word - not so much of a trust issue as a warning of an inconsistency. We have multiple levels of security on containers and teleporters (e.g. owner, co-owner, friend, etc.) - so I found it odd that stone wall placement skipped this model.

I trust myself as an owner in my own house but while decorating I have accidentally double clicked on floor tiles and had them go missing. I just thought it was odd since co-owners can't customize my house or unlock other items, yet they can unlock my walls, floors and manipulate them with a decorators tool.

Kirthag likes this.
  6. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

Co owners can also axe certain items even if they didnt place them. This includes but is not limited to : Guildstones, Gozas, simple deco deeds (forges, ovens) and probably a bit more that im forgetting. With that, there has literally only been one person in my entire UO career that I have trusted enough to Co-Own. #trustissues. :)

A co owner could absolutely ruin a house if they flipped a switch...

I like the rule: if a friend/co owner didnt place/lockdown/secure an item he cant remove, change security, or unlock said item. I wish it applied to all items the same.

#6 Scribbles, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Irulia Darkaith likes this.
  7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Considering that only my own accounts get Co-owned ever this doesn't really effect me... but sure why not.

I'd like to have more than 10 on the co-owner list. But that's me.

Friends should NEVER be allowed to remove things.

Scribbles likes this.
  8. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

Yeah I am hoping for a fix to this. I made a huge shelving system for my neon gift boxes... and well, my husband who is rather click happy, hit a few of the floor tiles by trying to double click the bags. Shelves ruined... Maybe I should just remove him from co owner! That will make a fun dinner conversation =D

Scribbles and Kayhynn like this.
  9. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Make him friend only :p LOL

Scribbles and Giggles like this.