1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cocoa Trees

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Conrad99, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Conrad99

Conrad99 Guest

Where do you find the seeds? From paras? From Tokuno Lands monsters? Or Bog Things etc...??

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm trying to piece this together, but I gather that these seeds are not ingame yet.

Someone somewhere mentioned they might be added the next publish. Then all we need to do is find out how to obtain them.

I still have no clue if this is going to be permanent, but if they are adding seeds then it's starting to sound more like it.

*Begs and places offerings of chocolates at the feet of the Dev Gods*

3. You are correct..they are not in game YET. Here is a quote from Draconi

<blockquote><hr>

Draconi - Well, one fun addition in the next publish will be cocoa trees, including appropriate seeds - this should go nicely with the coming additions to chocolatiering as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

So they will be here in the next publish which will probablly be a few weeks away but it is joyous news anyways.

4. Conrad99

Conrad99 Guest

Thank you to both for the information.

I thought it would be in this pub but I must have read Draconi's statement wrong.

5. Well, Well Well, Cool we will be able to grow our own Cocoa, but what about vanilla beens? What about Sugar Cane? And lets not forget the butter to make Cocoa butter!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Well, Well Well, Cool we will be able to grow our own Cocoa, but what about vanilla beens? What about Sugar Cane? And lets not forget the butter to make Cocoa butter!

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe or to be able to tame a cow or get a tamed cow and milk it for the milk and then something to turn it into butter perhaps a butter churn craftable like the flour mill........oh there are so many things they could do to cooking that I wish they would.

I want a vegetable garden and different recipes to use them in....it would be awesome to have chef bods and just to be able to role play a café or something.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

We could also obtain sugar from beets. Collect beets from the farmers fields and turn into sugar.

I would hope maybe we'll have plants that spawn vanilla beans for gardeners.

Have alchemists grind the cocoa, vanilla, and beets. Get the liquer, base for the butter, vanilla extract, and sugar.

Carps or tinkers could make churns for butter.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

There really is just so many options they could do for chefs I really hope they develope them a bit more.

9. I agree 100%. There are SO many possibilities. I really hope they keep adding to it.

10. Lord Woody

Lord Woody Guest

Thats news for me...but great news..love it...hope they mean it.

A Europa player.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

tapping trees for sap...

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Omgosh! [​IMG]

We could make chocolate chip pancakes with maple syrup if we could get the sap!

13. For the beet's they could just add them to the flour mill usage since sugar and flour are basically the same as well afaik more rare spawning rate . Btw great idea's Kariny &amp; all . Love the milk a cow idea , used to be able to tip cows so it is feasible .

Would be nice to see vanilla if ever be a vine type for deco purpose's .

14. You can still tip the cows [​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

For the beet's they could just add them to the flour mill usage since sugar and flour are basically the same as well afaik more rare spawning rate . Btw great idea's Kariny &amp; all . Love the milk a cow idea , used to be able to tip cows so it is feasible .

Would be nice to see vanilla if ever be a vine type for deco purpose's .

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be way off but doesn't vannilla pods come from the stemin of an Orcid or something.....so it would just mean adding another plant and another drop off the plant like leaves or petals.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

eeep more plants to tend for 9 days ;P boo hehehe (wish there was an easier way, but orange petals sell so well)