1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Code redemption failed

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vor, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just bought a few items from the Origin store. Namely a transfer token, a woodworkers bench and a set of house teleporters. Transfer and teleporters claimed without issue, but I keep getting the error: PROMO_AGENT tells (char name): Promotion redemption failed: internal error. Please contact a game master if you need additional support.

Now, I've been in the queue for a good hour already waiting on GM support, but I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get around this and sort the code? I know they fixed the format recently, but the code seems to be in the new format (same format as the two that worked anyway).

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Try re-arranging the numbers by moving the dashes

Old Correct Format That May Still Work 6-5-5-5-5

3. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Nope. Still doesn't work.

4. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

which code do I have to buy to use the kings collection?

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

"The King's Collection" purchase will give you one code that you use in the account management page and again in the help-promotions system so that you get access to the craftables and also to the items that come with the upgrade.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/56932/pc-download/addon/ultima-online-king-s-collection-theme-pack-ANW.html <<< That link should take you there if you are in the US.

6. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Did you copy and paste a *space* before or after the code?

7. SlobberKnocker

how do you paste the code into the promo code gump in game?

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There's an option in the help menu

9. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

GOt a reply from EA via email the following morning. Told me to try the code format that Norrington suggested and if that failed I should email them. Coming up to 24 hours so far. No reply yet. Fingers crossed.

Flagg likes this.
  10. SlobberKnocker

I just used two codes typing in the 6-5-5-5-5 format and it worked.

11. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Still waiting...

12. thejammonster

thejammonster Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Same issue here, same code (Woodworker's Bench). I bought it on Saturday along with 6 other things and this was the only code that didn't work. I tried it in both code formats. Paging a GM yielded an email to try the code in both formats. A chat with EA support directed me to email [email protected]. I emailed support 24 hours ago, but it says it can take up to 72 hours, so I am still waiting as well. Seems that this specific item code is jacked.

13. thejammonster

thejammonster Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Got a response from support, they said they put the item on one of my characters...the problem being that the character name was bogus. I checked all of my characters and their banks and it wasn't there. Waiting again...

14. thejammonster

thejammonster Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I paged a GM and a few hours later I was greeted by a friendly GM who pulled me in to purgatory and dropped a Woodworker's Bench deed on the ground for me. He said that they are aware of the problem with these codes and are working on a fix. He advised it should be fixed in about a week but not to quote him...oops. In the meantime, you can email support (provide account name, shard, and character) or page a GM under Help > Other > Other.

15. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

i know this is a different code but thought id mention it.
    just picked up a game time code for my kid, it of course came in the messed up code sequence.
    i took it and plugged it into the account management site and it ate it no problem.

so sounds like its a game side problem with the in game codes only.

16. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

I've still not had a reply to my email... a week and a half nearly after they told me to email them the code. *sighs*

17. thejammonster

thejammonster Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I believe I got my response via paging a GM as opposed to the email. You may want to give that a try. I think it just opens a case through email anyway, but I happened to be in-game when they responded.

18. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I bought a few gametimes over the past month. One came in wrong format and wasn't auto corrected or accepted. It took a couple tries to get it to accept it in old format after the initial fail. Other codes were also send in wrong format but accepted anyway.

To me, it seems like a random bug in the whole system.

19. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I tried redeeming a code in the format received. The game said it was processing, sat for about five minutes, and did nothing else. I was still able to enter a promotion code, so I did again using the "correct" format. Instantly I got my item, and an update message that the code had already been used. It could have been coincidence, but I wonder if something's still not quite right.

20. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Paged in game.. got another reply via email.

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online In-Game Customer Support.

We are contacting you in regard to your GM Appeal (Ticket#: ).

As this appears to be an Account/Billing related issue, you may seek further assistance by contacting our Billing Department.

A billing issue? Really? It's a code you claim in game. It's got nothing to do with billing, surely? And listing the email address that they've failed to reply to a ticket from nearly 11 days ago for me to contact.

You know what. Screw it. I really can't be bothered any more. It was only a £3.50 code.

21. Loren

Loren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am having a problem with the Woodworker's Bench code as well. Purchased on 5/29. Code is not functioning, as sent, or in 6-5-5-5-5 format. Got same message to page a GM, so I did.....

-DOM

Hello all, at about 8pm EST a GM caught up with me in Luna. Verified my code and put token in backpack for me. I have been napping this afternoon so really a very good response time, I am satisfied.

#21 Loren, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  22. Valura

Valura Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I had an issue with the bench code as well. I wasn't in game when the GM tried to contact me, in the end the matter was resolved via email and I got my token in my backpack upon login.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!