1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Collectors get excited about Big Fall Day 2- I'am for sure!!

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Guest, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Well i THP posted on UOHALL a while back asking for a full housing sweep/scan of all the old unpaid classic houses that litter our UO lands... well u know what olde classic private houses might have in em.....mmm... well fingers crosses hey...lots of rares... and guess what...theres keeps and castles too that have been unpaid for and unused for years too....WHAT goodies lie within the walls of these huge old relic accounts....Iam kinda of hoping that the devs will make it a week of Fallers , maybe drip feed us a few each day...AN EVENT NOT TO BE MISSED FOR SURE!!!!

Bring it on....Really hope Jeremy delivers this one like she promised....

Just FYI, we've got some of our senior engineers looking into the "housing scan" issue. I don't have an ETA or anything, but it's definitely on the table.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
    UO Community Coordinator
    EA Mythic
    www.uo.com

2. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

I hate IDOCs.

3. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

I hate IDOCs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. But if they have rares in them I like them a bit more. Shame I would not be able to get to any of them. Work, GF, and school keep me pretty busy. I get short spurts of times randomly that I get to play.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

This is why devs hardly ever say anything. People read into their words more than what's really there.
    "We will look into it" doesn't mean there's ever going to be another great fall.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

THE STATEMENT...

Just FYI, we've got some of our senior engineers looking into the "housing scan" issue. I don't have an ETA or anything, but it's definitely on the table.

Hardly reads looking into it/ maybe...... DOES IT!!!... Reads the ''definitely'' bit again on the table...... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. I have runebooks full of marks that are over 6 years old of houses of old banned and inactive accounts.

Don't hold your breath for a second if you honestly expect them to focus on these old old old banned/inactive accounts that have laid the lands unfallen for 5-6-7plus years.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

And "on the table" means "being discussed" as in... looking into the possibility.

8. Treyster18

Treyster18 Visitor

<blockquote><hr>

I have runebooks full of marks that are over 6 years old of houses of old banned and inactive accounts.

Don't hold your breath for a second if you honestly expect them to focus on these old old old banned/inactive accounts that have laid the lands unfallen for 5-6-7plus years.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, I gotta call BS on that one bud, they killed off all the old inactive accounts with the first big house fall....you might wana go back and read up on that.

and for once, for some reason, i have to agree with THP...big house fall 2 has been in the works for the past cpl months, lotta ppl have known about it and been getting ready....no one else notice that large influx of OSI owned houses?....this IS an event That IS going to happen lol, not for sure why ppl are argueing about it, although this isnt something that should be posted here =/...UHall is a better place

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I have runebooks full of marks that are over 6 years old of houses of old banned and inactive accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, I gotta call BS on that one bud, they killed off all the old inactive accounts with the first big house fall....you might wana go back and read up on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's referring to the ownerless houses that litter the shards, they are all old style pre-trammel houses and they sure didn't get cleaned up in the big fall.

UO:R which gave us trammel was in 2000, and custom houses showed up in 2003 so they've been around for somewhere between 5-8+ years. Almost all are in Fel (I can only think of one in Trammel off the top of my head and that's a log cabin) and several are placed in places modern housing rules wouldn't allow. One I've seen has the hand 'cursor' locked down in it next to a singing ball. He's not the only one with runebooks full. [​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

No offence, but you sound like a vulture waiting as an old elephant lumbers into sight lol. Some thoughts are maybe best kept to oneself [​IMG]

While I do IDOCs occasionally and I realise they do sometimes have great items, I doubt many old players would like someone dancing over their old treasures.

Wenchy

11. Thank you claudia. This is where you find the old school idoc'ers and the ones who have only done it since they revamped the decay system years ago.

I have books, and books FULL of felluca/trammel houses that are of old banned/inactive accounts.

Anyone who did idoc's before the revamped decay system, and the 1st big shard fall day years ago is well aware of these. If you werent around back in the day youd have 0 way of identifying these unless an old idoc'er told you how to identify them from the sign.

Claudia is absolutly correct, confirming my statement. And you can ask J.C the Builder as well. He will vouch that there are probably hundreds, if not more, between all the shards. That are well over 5 years old, and never going to fall if they havent been dropped yet.

***I'll be a nice guy and give away the tell tale signs of an old banned/inactive house that will never fall.

1. Its a classic design.
    2. The sign looks like this: A House Sign
    Name: An Unnamed House
    This is A Private House

3. It is private like the sign says, but the steps can still be stepped on by anybody, and all items can be seen inside as a result. (In the past, and Im sure still today, although I havent checked in years. Despite being private, you can go ghost, and walk inside to scan the loot around).
    4. Its been sitting there untouched like that for 5-6-7 plus years. (This you would have to have been doing idocs BEFORE the revamps to the system, which very very very few people were doing - back when it took like over a week for a house to go from Like New to IDOC status).

Ha yea, and lastly. OSI deffinatly ran their mouths time and time again about these particular houses I am speaking off before they redid the decay system. Saying time and time again they would drop those houses. This was over 5 years ago, prob more like 6 years now. The problem is with all the changes and improvements (so to say, even though they ruined idocs), old old houses on already dead and banned accounts got overlooked in the new system of decay.

If they didnt get these houses to fall in the 1st big fall day. And trust me, they missed them all. Then they will never fall.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Iam sure the devs with a little bit of thought will write a better code that will catch em all this time....*fingers crossed* oh and a huge big up to the Olde Idochunters.... I too have many books just waiting...old classics including castles....unpaid for and unused in many mnay years....

13. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

and for once, for some reason, i have to agree with THP...big house fall 2 has been in the works for the past cpl months, lotta ppl have known about it and been getting ready....no one else notice that large influx of OSI owned houses?....this IS an event That IS going to happen lol, not for sure why ppl are argueing about it, although this isnt something that should be posted here =/...UHall is a better place

[/ QUOTE ]

for someone who claims to always know what theyre talking about you sure are wrong a lot, anyone who does idocs could have correctly answered that... its common knowledge and you managed to get it wrong.

14. "ummm, I gotta call BS on that one bud, they killed off all the old inactive accounts with the first big house fall....you might wana go back and read up on that."

See this is what happens when people try and claim theyve been doing idocs, or rares forever. When really most just got involved after x sharding, which is only a few years old. After there became a global economy, and more fame/profit from collecting/house placing.

I certainly wont be "going back and reading up" on anything, since I have my information from actually experiencing what I talk about.

You might be able to read extensively on rares and act like some sort of life long expert. But idocs there most certainly are tons of old trade secrets and information you wont find written down on websites to rip info off of and pawn them off as your own knowledge/experiences.

15. <blockquote><hr>

"ummm, I gotta call BS on that one bud, they killed off all the old inactive accounts with the first big house fall....you might wana go back and read up on that."

See this is what happens when people try and claim theyve been doing idocs, or rares forever. When really most just got involved after x sharding, which is only a few years old. After there became a global economy, and more fame/profit from collecting/house placing.

I certainly wont be "going back and reading up" on anything, since I have my information from actually experiencing what I talk about.

You might be able to read extensively on rares and act like some sort of life long expert. But idocs there most certainly are tons of old trade secrets and information you wont find written down on websites to rip info off of and pawn them off as your own knowledge/experiences.

[/ QUOTE ]

EPIC LAWLS

16. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Ok that is enough on this. Please let us know if and when the houses do fal and feel free to share the idoc runes if you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.