1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Colour of the boat

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Ivory Norwind, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I own a Tokuno boat, purple.
    Until yesterday :(
    Now i go online, go to my boat and surprise.. it's dark brown.
    Another bug or the colour changes after some days?

2. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Shipborne Travel and Adventure
    Customizing

Having named your ship, you may also decide to give it a coat of paint, or two, or even three. Boat paint is bought from a boat painter, found on Sea Market. Each tub of paint will cover the boat once, subsequent tubs will deepen the color, up to a maximum of three. The grey paint being the exception. Five coats of this can be applied, giving an almost black boat. The boat painter also sells paint remover if you are unhappy with the results. Sea air is harsh and causes paint to fade (by one shade). You will need to re-apply every 2 weeks to maintain your ship's chosen color.

3. covert

covert Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The two week thing has definitely been incorrect so far in my experience.

I'm just going to live with the default color now. It's a silly gold sink.

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah - mine stayed 3 coats green for 6 weeks, and went from that straight to Brown, without fading.

5. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, thanks. I was afraid it was yet another bug that char ( my elf fisherman see dark)

6. jpullen8874

jpullen8874 Guest

I was wondering the same thing. Now that I know it it temporary I will not spend any more money on it. Kinda silly really...

7. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Is 30k every 2 weeks alot to people? With only one fishing boat I haven't really noticed it as 'expensive'.