1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Coloured spider tree seeds?

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Aurelius, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I thought the spider tree seeds only came from monsters, and the as the trees were 'sterile' mutants, they didn't produce seeds. So I was a bit baffled when, after cross-pollinating a lot of ordinary yellow plants to get bright yellow variants, some of the resulting seeds turned out to be 'bright yellow spider tree' seeds! Sadly, I didn't notice which cross-breeds resulted in these, so I have a lot of testing to do to find out if it's a 'reliable' route to get the seeds....

Also, I've started growing a batch of the bright yellow spider trees - and right from being planted, all of them are showing that they have 0/8 seeds and the indicator for pollination is at the 'too early' stage. Surely both are normally crossed out for 'mutant' plants?

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Aha! Thanks very much, I'd completely missed that info :)

4. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

What have people been charging for these types of plants? I haven't really seen any for sale on Chesapeake.

5. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If you are on Drachenfels I can supply you with the full colorset Spider Tree seeds.

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Thank you for the offer, but I'm on Europa - so it's time for me to organise myself and get my gardener to work ;)