1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

coming back to siege

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by randomstring, Jul 9, 2009.

1. randomstring

randomstring Guest

I played for quite a while (3-4 years) around 4 years ago but haven't played much since, and I'm much considering coming back (since this game is the only one out there that really can keep my interest going!). It seems my character is intact (!), even though I couldn't find a way of getting back onto my stratics account (yet).

I was hoping I could get a little advice...!

I think I was largely into PvM so seem to have a bard/tamer/necro/mage thing going on with this character, though I remember also being quite into factions for a bit.

What do people do for fun these days? Where do people hang out? And at what times? I just logged in and found absolutely no-one, but I guess that's cause it's quite early? Do factions happen? Are the guilds active?

I've seen a few posts that say Siege is dead, but I seem to remember people (quite possibly the same people...) saying that around 4 years ago as I was leaving... so is it any more deader than it was then?!

That's all the questions I can think of for now. Thanks for helping!

2. Albertus

Albertus Guest

Hey, welcome back. Siege is not dead. Right now is a little empty due to summer vacation. Lots of ppl traveling. This is good cause you can train if you need to. MOst ppl hang out at Luna Bank. Most PKs are hunting players at Tokuno lands due to the current event going on. Beware!! lol

Most players are ninjas due to surviavability. Lots of pks hunt in packs and been able to smoke bomb and run like hell helps a lot. ;-)

I am a Tamer/Ninja. (for the reason above and because tamers make money fast)

There is also a guild called NEW. They can help you getting started. (gear, supplies, etc...)

Siege is the best server ever. Good characters and Evil characters make this server a great pace to be. I hope you like it here.

Always ask for help. Most of us are good ppl in RL. But we get into character in the game. (specially PKs)

See you in the field of battle.

- Albertus Maximus -

3. randomstring

randomstring Guest

Thanks for the reply and tips :). Anyone else?

4. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Hey Random, welcome back to Siege!

Most hunting today goes on in Tokonu because of the Treasures of Tokonu events. Tamers and bard tamers are definitely powerful hunters.

Yes both people are active and guilds are as well. Luna is the most popular city by far, and you can find a lot of hunting and pvp'ing going on in Tokonu today because of the events.

It is rare that you will see someone, because people rarely like to congregate and hang out together (like banks on prodo shards) because that's an invitation for thieves and murderers. Also a LOT of people have hide/stealth/ninja to further protect them from death.

The shard is relatively active all day, since there are people who play Siege from all over the world, though tends to be more active during EST prime times, say 6pm-11pm EST.

Fun is mostly group hunting or group fighting. Factions happen but a lot of people are ticked off towards them due to faction artifacts.

If you are relatively untrained, look into NEW as they can help get you back on your feet.

Good luck and welcome back!

5. Dai Deneg

Dai Deneg Guest

It's good times whenever you find someone to run with, at least for me.

I don't know maybe some people have fun doing their own thing, but I signed up for NEW a week ago and run with guys in there...

great places to hang out - probably luna bank (not for long too) and tokuno - there are wolves and kitsunos there, with about 1k gold loot

6. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That's one of the best things about NEW. You have a group of people to get help from and run with and get to know. It's not uncommon for people to make friends and groups of them end up joining the same guild together.

7. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Siege always seems sooooo slow....but only cause you can't see anyone lol

My advice is join up with a guild man. NEW guild if you need to work skills or a vet guild if you just need to knock off the rust.

There are quite a few active evil guilds ( TNT/TNT2/SP!) if you like that aspect or more good guilds ( GIL/CRUS) or the rp guilds (CWS/TDO/MYTH)

I think you will find any of the above mentioned guilds are filled with good people looking to have some fun :danceb::danceb:

8. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A lot of shards beyond this one seem more dead in summer time than the rest of the year. It always picks up again in the fall.

If your chr. already has some tamer bard skills on it, you may want to hang onto those for the new dungeon that may come with that gargoyle expansion they are developing in beta now. And with that expansion there will also be some returning whom have left temporarily, just to check out the new stuff to see it they too may return to UO or not. So the populations will increase a lot while folks whom may be taking a break or have left will possibly buy the new expansion just try to figure out whether or not they like SA or not.

So this may be a great time to return, work up your chr. for the expansion yet to come, join NEW guild if ya wish get to meet folks here, and their guilds activity on Siege & etc.

And you may even wish to keep your chr. untrained undone yet till this new expansion does come about, cuz ya may wish to rearrange all your skills to fit the new SA UO world where you may opt to become a flying gargoyle templated chr. yet. :)

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

The Piece of Adivce I could give ya is....Have fun, enjoy yerself and whatever you do...dont listen to the ex-players that have taken on the full time job as Siege/UO bashers on this forumn.....There are great people on this shard and it is one of the best...to many good things to list...and welcome back...

Nice to see siege getting more good folks:thumbsup:

10. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Well said sir :thumbsup:

11. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I had to jump all over your idea on Drax's post about the ToT's BTW, I have to say it again,
    I think your on to something BTW

12. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would like to jump in and say that I like his idea too. The problem is that with the history of how this shard is handled by the Devs... it's never going to happen unless we can convince them to do it for all shards and that all shards would love this idea. (Kinda like the way they used my idea of tying factions to monster invading the cities depending on which faction controlled towns... an event for all shards and all play-styles.)

I just know that we have to jump at the chances we get to take this shard in the direction it needs to go... even if that means settling for something that is otherwise imperfect.

Wish it wasn't the case, but I agree with Elmer... I like your idea a lot. I just know that it's not going to happen. =[

also, welcome back to Siege random