1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

(Question) Coming back to UO, need help with characters...

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by TheMiner, May 23, 2014.

1. TheMiner

TheMiner Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 28, 2008
    I frequented Baja as my home shard but after about a 5yr hiatus I want to come back and am moving everyone at one point or another to ATL. That said, most of my characters are just characters but I have two I actually like to "work" with.

My Miner / Lumberjacker & my fisherman.

So what would be ideal skill for these guys using a 720 skill set ?

This is what I can figure out but need help with the rest...

Fisherman (Need to be able to fight & possibly kill whatever monsters / pirates I run in to...)
    Fishing 100
    Magery 100

Blacksmith / Carpenter
    Mining 100
    Blacksmith 100
    Lumberjack 100
    Carpentry 100
    Magery 100
    Imbuing 100 - 120 ? (Can SS if required and use as needed to free up a skill since using this would make 6 skills with only 1 available.)
    #1 TheMiner, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  2. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

Jul 20, 2005
    Magery 100
    Meditation 100
    Eval. Intelligence 120
    Lockpicking 100
    Hiding 100
    Cartography 100

Blacksmith / Carpenter
    Magery 120
    Meditation 120

ALL crafting skills to 120 and stone what your not using..
    azmodanb likes this.
  3. Beldin Brightaxe

Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 25, 2004

120 Archery
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    120 Healing
    120 Chivalry
    100 (120) Fishing (He hasn't worked this up yet)

I haven't taken him out for a long time, so I don't know about doing pirate ships, but he does well enough against everything else.

It looks to me like your Smith/Carpenter is also going to be a resource gatherer. Are you planning on tossing in Tailoring or any other trade skills on that template? Or just swapping skills in and out as needed? It might be a good idea to put mining and lumberjacking on another character with some combat skills so you can kill the occasional baddie or use prospector's tools and gargoyles pickaxes.

120 Blacksmithing
    120 Tailoring
    120 Imbuing
    100 Carpentry
    100 Tinkering
    100 Armslore
    60 Magery (Use a couple of jewels/spellbooks to raise this if needed)

You could also Soulstone a few other skills just to swap out such as Bowcraft, Music, Alchemy, Inscription, Poisoning, or Cooking.
  4. TheMiner

TheMiner Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 28, 2008
    So you wouldn't use say discord / music on the fisher, if I get say a kraken on a fabled I'd like to be able to try and solo it or is that doabl with your build ?

Why cartography ? Last I played, you did a SOS and it was a scroll that comes out with coordinates, not a map.

Also, the way you have the skill tree it works out to 740 and max is 720 skill or did that change while I was gone ?

Will touch base on the other character after we figure out the fisherman.

Thx in advance.

Ps: As far as the fishers main stats go, this is what I figure...

Str.: 110
    Dex.: 25
    Int.: 125

Total 260 which is 225 base, +5 6 month boost, +25 scroll and +5 valiant commendation scroll.