1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Commodity Deed Box & Death

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Quenchant, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

The new vet reward commodity deed box can't be insured (it's a container). It isn't blessed either.

If you die, it can be looted from you. So be careful when your transporting the box.

My apologies if this has already been mentioned. I didn't see this in any other thread.

Q

2. Isn't every other vet reward blessed? Why isn't this one? hmm...

3. Because it's a container.

4. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

Yes. Makes sense even though it is a little risky for those that travel between facets with the containers to different of their houses.

And I know I am one of those that point out the many many bad things that the UO team has done to our little game, however, commodity boxes=BEST IDEA EVAH! I wish it would have been just a craftable or purchasable item, just having something like this in game makes life much better for crafters, craft skill trainers and vendors. Good job.

5. I haven't looked in ages but maybe someone can answer if any of these are blessed.
    Salvage Bags
    Bags of Sending
    Altar of Sacrifice

I believe BoS may have been blessed, but not sure. However, if any one of these is a blessed item - and they are containers - then the deed box should also be blessed.

6. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

Yet another Pub 55 screw up. The list builds.....

7. Salvage Bags not blessed
    Bags of Sending not blessed
    Altar of Sacrifice No clue since I don't have one

8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Thanks for pointing this out, Q. It slipped by me completely.

9. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

Are the bag of sendings really a 'container' though. I mean, can you put something in it and carry it around there or does everything you put into it automatically go to the bank? I never really used them so I don't know. But, as has been said, the salvage bags are not blessed. As for the altars, isn't anything put in there deleted? So, its not like you can really run around using those as 'containers' either.

I think the idea was to not have containers that you can carry around with stuff in them that were blessed. It just opens up too many opportunities for abuse.

10. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

you double click the bag of sending and a target cursor comes up

it's not blessed because that would just be silly

11. I do believe it was meant to not be blessed cause it's purpose implies that it be locked down in a house so you don't have to Xport it places.

12. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Yet another Pub 55 screw up. The list builds.....

It if WERE blessed, you'd consider THAT a screw up too.

13. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If it were, it would really be one though. People need to understand, anything placed inside of a blessed or insured container would automatically act as if it were blessed or insured as well. They don't give out blessed containers for a reason.

14. quivers of infinity are containers and are also blessed :O

15. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

Yeah, that's how I thought they worked. Based on that, I wouldn't consider them to be 'containers' at all. Are they insurable though? Again, not that it matters because it can't be used as a container, but I was curious since I really don't know much about them.

16. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah, but they only hold arrows/bolts. Same thing goes for the cat statue from the spring decor set.. it only holds reagents, and only the ones it spawns.. can't add more of your own.

They might have done something special for quivers though.. so no idea on that.

17. nope not insurable either

18. also referring to your other post about item placed in a blessed container, commodity deeds are blessed anyway so it wouldnt be too much of a problem if they were inside of a blessed container, i havnt had a chance to play about with the new vet reward yet, so i dont know if its useful to actually store deeds them in it anyway

19. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

The Alters deed.....the deed is blessed but in that form they are not containers.

20. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah, but you gotta remember the box both lets you redeem and MAKE commodity deeds.. and the resources you'd be putting into that box to make deeds sure as heck aren't blessed. :p

21. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Are the commodity deed boxes account bound? If not, I will definitely wait to select one when my younger account gets its next vet reward.

22. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

Not bound. Usable by anyone and tradeable. So, you can move it from house to house and home owner to home owner depending on your need.

23. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

The new boxes hold much more than just deeds.

24. oh right can it only hold items that can be deeded? or anything like a regular container can?
    also can it hold items while its not locked down or secured inside of a house, like if it was in your backpack?

because if it cannot be used as a container in your backpack, then why isnt it blessed? nothing will be blessed inside of it if it cannot hold anything.

25. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

Can be used to carry non deedable items. Can be carried on your person and used as a container. Should not be blessed or insurable.

26. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I saw this on test last week. I was wondering how long it would take someone to cry that it not blessed.

PS to drunk on beer guy think of it as removel of the trammel code in Fel :lick:

27. thanks ... that's what I get for top-of-the-head wondering at work instead of infront of UO! shoots my thoughts right in the foot.