1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player Event) Community Event and Fishing Competition

Discussion in 'UO Lake Superior' started by Varingian, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Varingian

Varingian Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

Still a work in progress but I wanted to get this out as soon as possible in hopes of a good turn out.

Join us in the quest for Hard Liquor, Good Music, Nautical Nonsense, and of course....Treasure! Nancy's will be hosting
    bi-weekly events to include Treasure Hunts, Fishing Competitions, Pirate Hunts, Fish Net drops, and more.
    So pull your self away from IDOCing and Bank Sitting, dust off your Fishing Pole and drop by Nancy's Habor Cafe. And remember...The more you drink, the more fun it will all seem!

Details here: https://sites.google.com/site/nancysharborcafe/home

#1 Varingian, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Bump - if this tournament has a pretty good turn out. Bluntman and Cronics will help support prizes for the next event.

3. Varingian

The Innagural: Deadliest Catch!
    Co-sponsered by our friends at Red Cow Auction House
    Registration: No registration is required. All fish turned in will be judged for prizes.
    Entry Fee: Free
    Begin Date: March 3rd, 2013
    End Date: March 15th, 2013
    Details
    Help us decorate the walls and halls of Nancy's by fishing up the biggest sea creatures in Britannia. All fish will be in play for the Innagural: Large Fish, Enchanted Fish, Rare Fish, and the SA quest Fish (Red Herring and Mud Puppy). Fish can be turned in at any time at the mail box at Nancy's. Only fish caught on or between March 3rd and March 15th will be eligible for prizes. 500,000 GP will be awarded to the Fisherman who turns in the largest of any given fish type. You will be eligible for multiple prizes so turning in a variety may be advantagous. All submissions will become the property of Nancy's Harbor Cafe and you will forfeit any claim to the fish. The top fish of each type will be displayed on the walls at Nancy's or in the display cases in case of non trophy fish. All submissions will be examined on March 16th and the winners will posted here.
    See Location page to find Nancy's in game or go to Red Cow Auction House where a rune is availble.
    The single largest fish by weight will be awarded a barbed runic sewing kit.

#3 Varingian, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  4. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It says no registration is required, then it says only registered participants get prizes.

How do you register??

5. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The rules were changed to No registration needed. Just drop your big catches off in the mail box. I haven't fished for about a year, got the ole fisherman back out yesterday and hit a few of my old stomping grounds. Was a nice change of pace, got to burn through some of my baits I had setting around collecting dust. Was able to nab 8 different big fish species throughout the day. Kind of nice that its running 2 weeks.

6. Varingian

I have tried to update all the posts to reflect the changes. NO REGISTRATION required. Any and all fish, crab, lobster will be eligible for prizes.

7. Varingian

Leader Board Updated with 1 week to go in the innagural Deadliest Catch Fishing Contest!

ChefTell dominates early with 9 of the Biggest Fish and a top catch of 188 Stones!

Get all of the details on the Leaderboard: http://tinyurl.com/nancysharbor

8. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

And six days later and not one update. Contest without updates to the leader board just a scam for free fish steaks.

9. Varingian

Sorry you feel that way Pig. Constant updates of the leaderboard just encourage people to not turn in fish untill the very last day. That way they don't show their hand. The board was updated at the half way point and now has been updated with the final winners. 16 million in gold and other goodies are being paid out. I think I could find a cheaper way to "scam" for fish steaks.

#9 Varingian, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  10. Varingian

The Innagural Deadliest Catch Fishing Contest is complete. Congratulations to Munch-Dawg for his winning 197 stone Lava Fish! And a big congratulations to Lady Kalia who turned in 12 winning fish. See all the winners and details on the Leaderboard.
    Check back at Nancy's often. Our next event is in the planning phase and will be announced soon.
    Lady Kalia (12)
    Fairy Salmon, Fire Fish, Reaper Fish, Stone Crab
    Unicorn Fish, Yellowtail Barracuda, Black Marlin, Blood Lobster
    Spring Dragonfish, Stone Fish, Void Lobster, Mud Puppy
    ChefTell (6)
    Bull Fish, Spider Crab, Abyssal Dragonfish, Dread Lobster
    Dungeon Pike, Red Herring
    Lady Dreamy (5)
    Blue Lobster, Holy Mackeral, Summer Dragonfish,
    Giant Samurai Fish, Void Crab
    Sir Chopper(4)
    Crystal Fish, Golden Tuna, Rainbow Fish, Zombie Fish
    Varingian (3)
    Autumn Dragonfish, Giant Koi, Winter Dragonfish
    Munch-Dawg (2)
    Big Fish, Lava Fish
    Magdalena (1)
    Great Barracuda
    Shadow (1)
    Blue Marlin
    Sosaria Bane (1)
    King Fish
    Others who participated
    Long Rod
    Daga Taga
    Elffog
    Elm-Mos
    Lord Braden
    Elebir
    Naz
    Lord Magic Seller
    Sarah Ann Black
    A huge thanks to all and a reminder: All who participated will recieve a personalized Prize Pack.

11. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Congrats to the winners. Thanks for the contest, was lots of fun.

12. Varingian

Warpig! I'd like to issue a personal challenge to you sir since you seem to nay say our humble contest. The challenge is simple: GET INVOLVED! The next fishing contest has been announced and details can be found on this forum and at tinyurl.com/nancysharbor

Nothing would make me happier than to hand you checks for victory sir!