1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Community News] Overview of the UO:KR Client Available

Discussion in 'UHall' started by watchertoo, Mar 10, 2008.

1. watchertoo

watchertoo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This just sent to us by our friends at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.llts.org>The Syndicate®</a>:

<blockquote> <font size=+1>An Overview Of The UO:KR Client</font>

The UO:KR client came out in 2007. It struggled with bugs and performance issues that caused a large number of players to steer clear of using it. A number of patches were released such that by mid-Feb 2008 the client was in pretty good shape and offered a bunch of useful features to players.

The Syndicate® created a series of articles that were used internally in the guild to help educate the members on the new client and the options they might find useful. Those articles have been compiled into a single guide that has been made available on their website to all players.

You can find a copy of the article <a target="_blank" href=http://www.llts.org/Pages/UOKR_Client.php>HERE</a>.

<blockquote>

2. Guest

Guest Guest

What a nice guide!

Thanks very much to those who compiled this. I'm sure it will be very helpful to many players!

3. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

Nice guide. There are some useful tips in there.

4. Darkheart

Darkheart Guest

Yeah, nice guide. Ive tried several times to figure out the features KR offers but I become frustrated after 5 minutes of lag. I think it muist be that the total size of all the KR files are larger that those of WoW. Not that I really like WoW but if EA switched to just KR I'd leave. I don't play UO for the graphics I play it for the customization that allows me to role play the best. Not to mention a lot of the artwork isnt to scale or even the same style of art. KR just looks ugly. I feel sort of betrayed by EA that they would hike up the subsciption fees to make a 3rd alternate client without their player base's consent. Not to mention the previous two "3d" clients were liked by some people. Why couldn't they let us keep those? I predict that EA will probably make another bad attept at another client in a few years. I just hope that instead of hiking up subsciption fees from everyone that they just charge those that want the new client. That's how they did the first "3d" client and there was a whole area you could access only while in that client. Which gave me enough incentive to buy the client. But after the long history of EA and OSI failing with these alternate clients I think I'll just live without a new houseing area or a new uber dungeon world. I just don't see the piont. And as far as the crafting system there are plenty of programs (some legal some illegal) that allow you to craft multiple items with a single click if you set the macro up correctly. There are plenty of programs (some legal asome illegal) that allow you to target specific items, you just have to set it up properly. Its not that big of a deal.

In fact the only thing that makes me want to use the KR client is that we can have different faces. But unfortunatly they're really only visable on the paper doll. So oh well.

I guess what I'm saying is; I like the bad 2d graphics and KR is just a waste of time for me.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Very nice. In browsing, the screenies in that guide look like they were made with the "legacy art" option enabled in KR.

-Skylark