1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Service Announcement and Dev Request

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Stupid Miner, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Please take note that Gauntlets of Anger can NOT be imbued.
    (So don't pay abnormally high prices for them)

Platemail Gauntlet Resists: 5/3/2/3/2
    Gauntlets of Anger Resists:4/4/5/6/5
    ...in addition to HPI 8 HPR 2 DCI 10 the Gauntlets of Anger have a grand total of 8 properties on them (despite the fact that 5 really suck :p)

Dev Request:
    Could we get the option to at least change the intensities of the current properties on items that have over 5 properties on them?
    Not add new properties, but at least be able to increase or decrease existing ones.
    Surely this wouldn't make anything too powerful, and it would help to make worthless artifacts useable.

And to pre-emptively answer the Mages, yes, you guys should benefit from this change too: Helm of Swiftness
    (would benefit more if Mage Armor wasn't 140 intensity... what's up with that? :confused:)
  2. canary

canary Guest

The less than awesome stats make up for the fact there are properties on these items you cannot get on standard items of the same slot (ie fc/fcr on helm, defense on gauntlets).

I'm OK with how they are, I prefer to be challenged by a game, not have everything easily handed to me on a plate. Just try to be more creative with your other armor pieces.
  3. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

But unlikely they would take the time to do it given all the other things going on.

But if they have a moment, I would urge them to consider that such a change or something similar would help bring home the apparent intent of allowing artifacts to be Imbued, which appears to be to make "useless" artifacts less so. (Right now, for example, the best use of the Holy Knight's Breastplate is to unravel. Not the only use, but probably the best use.)

I don't see how such a change would make items that are too powerful. I could be missing something I guess.

The idea of Mage Armor having such a high weight is really weird to me, when one considers how many artifacts it's already present on naturally. And the fact that it's a "free property" on Samurai Plate, which is now flooding the market thanks to their lack of swift action on duping of Valorite Hammers.

Somehow, even the thought of, for example, the Leggings of Bane or the Holy Knight's Breastplate with mage armor doesn't make them seem over-powered in my mind.

As stated, I could always be missing something I guess.

-Galen's player
  4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Actually you can get 10 DCI on Zoo gauntlets with 50 resist.

I see your point, but these items are low to the point of being worthless.
    Does anyone *ever* use Helm of Swiftness outside of training casting?
    Gauntlets of Anger are worthless due to the above item.

And several other items, from the pure chance that they we're coded with a few more relatively worthless properties are perfectly useable with imbuing.
    -Daimyo's Helm is one such example.
    -Arms of Tactical Excellence.
    -Holy Knight's Breastplate (granted it's still worthless compared to HoL)
    -Serpent's Fang
    -Darkened Sky
    and others.

There's really no difference between these two categories of items except random chance coding.
  5. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Well they took the time to make artifacts imbueable, which surely took longer than it would to do this.

Note that:
    Currently items with 6+ properties, when you try click on a property that *already* exists, you receive the message:
    "You cannot imbue this item with any more item properties"
    ...despite the fact that you're not actually imbuing any more properties.

The only thing they'd have to change is to take off this block.

We can imbue items that already have properties over the cap (to decrement them)
    So it shouldn't be too hard to let us imbue items that already have the item property quantity over the cap as well.