1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

computers & electricity

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Anne, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm moving from Europe to the US and need to know if my computer and monitor will run as well on 110 electricity and they do on 220. Is there anything I need to do or can I just plug them in and play uo?

2. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

most power supplies in the back of computers have a small red switch near where the power cord meets the computer. This switch allows either 110 or 220 depending on what you need.
    also the electrical outlet pattern may be different in your part of Europe which might require an outlet converter here in the states. what model monitor do you have ?

3. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks Rex ... I took a look and saw that red switch. I was able to find out that the monitor is ok and works on a range of 100 - 140 volts and 50 - 60 hz. So it should be just fine too.

what a load off my mind!

yes I'll have to find outlet converters but I think I can deal with that without too much panic :)

4. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Anne,

You can probably just buy a power cord here for the powersupply much cheaper than a converter...

5. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If the monitor works on 100-140, you might not want to plug it into 220.