1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Concerning the new Curse bug with publish 51 (pay attention devs.)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_TurboTimmy, Apr 5, 2008.

1. I'm sure tons of players have noticed that players stay perma cursed now, this recently started with publish 51

curse can still be removed with normal in game means Ex:chivalry or apples

the problem is that it is lasting forever, and well after the timer on the stat bar says zero, the character will still be cursed

this is an extremly annoying bug, hopefully there is a quick fix for this because it needs a fix ASAP

2. Curse yourself again and it will wear out.

3. Is it a permanent curse or is it only the debuff icon that stays permanent.

4. davebobbit

davebobbit Guest

maybe devs will pay attention if people stop addressing them so condescendingly...

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually I've been seeing some odd behavior too (although the perma-curse issue isn't new I realize). I had a miner perma-clumsy, provoked a few spectral spellbinders, waited for everything to wear off then found him showing perma-weakness and perma-feebleminded the next time I logged it. (I was trying to figure out some way of reproducing it before submitting a bug, but got distracted and forgot)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

We can see here the effects of Perme Feebleminded here
    <blockquote><hr>

I was trying to figure out some way of reproducing it before submitting a bug, but got distracted and forgot

[/ QUOTE ]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

When I get poisoned unless I let the poison wear off normally my bar will stay green after it is cleared.

8. My tamer is that way with mortal. Never fails,everytime she gets mortaled her bar will continue to show it that way for about a week after. Very annoying.

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Devs:

The PvPers are getting an issue with being perma-cursed.

The PvMers have had an issue since the buff/debuff bar was introduced of the Curse icon NEVER appearing, if cast by something OTHER than a PC.

Please fix both....

10. Guest

Guest Guest

This thread topic was mentioned here by Godfather.

What happens is you get cursed, the effect icon stays in the buff/debuff bar, and your character status does not update your resistances, so it appears like you will always be at 60 for your elemental resists. I think this is just a graphical glitch, but I haven't tested it otherwise. Either way, it is a bug.

11. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah i have found myself overloaded suddenly and cant figure out why until i remove curse and find out i was cursed.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I apologize for my last post. The curse bug definitely keeps you cursed, and the resistance display is not just a graphical glitch. I thought it was because when I recurse myself, I see my original line for a split second before the new curse takes effect, but I tested a fireball on myself before and after, and the result was the same.

Remedies for this bug are as follows: use apple, remove curse, tally, or log in and log out (seems to remove most buffs)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I apologize for my last post. The curse bug definitely keeps you cursed, and the resistance display is not just a graphical glitch. I thought it was because when I recurse myself, I see my original line for a split second before the new curse takes effect, but I tested a fireball on myself before and after, and the result was the same.

Remedies for this bug are as follows: use apple, remove curse, tally, or log in and log out (seems to remove most buffs)