1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Conference Call Highlights, GW2 Console Version Confirmed

Discussion in 'GW2 General Discussions' started by Zosimus, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Over at Guild Wars Insider, seven posted a conference call discussing on GW2.

The big news that not only will Guild Wars 2 PC version but looks like there will be a console version available.

Great job Seven and we at Guild Wars 2 Stratics want to thank you and GWI for having this up.

Our staff will update anything that needs added so please keep an eye out on this topic.

Conference Call Highlights, GW2 Console Version Confirmed | Guild Wars 2 News Source - Guild Wars Insider

For the click link impaired:

Conference Call Highlights, GW2 Console Version Confirmed
    By: Seven | Feb 15, 2012 | GW2 News

2. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

3. Does this comment really make people buy into the console version more than previous comments? Maybe I'm missing something.

4. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Well it's really not new that ArenaNet was working on a console version. They always talked about it but some people were a bit upset over it.

My opinion the gamers that dont touch PC games and only console gives NcSoft and ArenaNet more avenues to try to get into that market.

Plus I think why so many were upset that it may interfere with a release date from my take from reading through the various posts. Was kind of hard to determine if they were going to try to combine a release date for both but not likely and the console would be released at a later date.

I think it works well for both the PC gamer and the Console gamer.

5. It's pretty old news that they've had a very small team dedicated to exploring the console possibility. I hear most of the hubbub is from newer followers of GW2. But the breaking news is "CONSOLE CONFIRMED." Guess you still need a good headline, right?

Now if they were definitely coming to console I'd consider playing on Xbox...