1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Confused about pet control calculator thread...

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Lord Kotan, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

One link to noxin had it listed as taming for 28 points and lore for 6 points in the formula.. The other had 28 points and 14 points..

I thought taming and lore was 50/50 now..

I remember someone sending me the calculator before, but it's the 28 taming, 6 lore one. Which is the correct one?

I am trying to figure out the lowest taming I can go (with 120 lore) and still control 2 Bakes at 100%

2. Guest

Guest Guest

You are penalized for having lower animal lore or animal taming than the creature's taming requirement. They're difficulty modifiers.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Where you are confused is if your modified skill is equal to or above the skill required to tame a pet the multiplier is 6 for both taming and lore. If your skill is lower in taming the multiplier is 28 and lower in lore the multiplier is 14.

For 99% control on a bake I would not drop below 80.7 which is the required skill to tame one. But my numbers say you can get down to 74.5.