1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

confused... How come when in "heat of battle" after a player dies they still cant use moongate?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by HP_Zoro_HP, May 4, 2013.

1. HP_Zoro_HP

HP_Zoro_HP Seasoned Veteran

Technically when a person dies how is it possible for them to still be in "battle"? The players dead... So i'm wondering why is it when you die and sometimes use a moongate you get this message... After you die that heat o battle thign should be clear because you are like dead?

2. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

ok so you died at Yew want to run to sacrifice immediatly after res and jejoin fight - that is why not. to delay you a little from coming right back.

3. HP_Zoro_HP

HP_Zoro_HP Seasoned Veteran

and the saga continues between faction stat loss (sit and eat popcorn) and non faction keep fighting :coco:

I suppose there will always be people who don't mind paying to play a game where they die one time they sit out for 20 minutes... Similar to how if you are in heat of battle you die you sit out for what 2 minutes basically?

WayTaGo on keeping things alive in pvp (as if the pvp base hasn't already been sucking big time lately).

#3 HP_Zoro_HP, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It also stops you insta logging a new character, its all good once you get used to it.

5. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Its all good and as it should be.

Heat of battle has its rightful place in pvp. Dead or alive has nothing to do with it and and I think you know that.

You have technical issues with having to wait a paltry two minutes to lather,rinse,repeat pvp but you see nothing illogical about multiple resurrections in the first place? Nothing technically unsound there? Hrmmmm

Maybe you are just trying to stir up more nonsense since you got so thoroughly shot down trying to take the random out of random stealing?

The Zog historian likes this.
  6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

What is really annoying is heading to log out, getting attacked by a mongbat, accidentally hitting it, then having to wait two minutes to log out...

The Zog historian and yars like this.
  7. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

this

yars likes this.
  8. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What really negates his argument is that this happens only to someone who's initiated attack. It was a welcome change for two reasons. Primarily, of course, someone couldn't attack, realize he's outmatched, then recall out. Second, attackers couldn't gank someone, then recall out immediately before help arrived.

Duke's point is a separate issue, and completely valid. The combat flag shouldn't apply to monsters.

9. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Flagging in pvp is fine the way it is...accidentally flagging to a mob checking spawns or whatever and logging is LAME! Always has been..but I'd rather them leave it the way it is, to prevent breaking something else in the process..

As for death..an over haul there could be nice but 99.9% unlikely to ever happen but how bout this..

Insurance doubles..

ressing at an ankh charges you 2000gp per every 10 minutes, so if used twice within 10 minutes price is doubled

ressing at a healer charges you based on Karma/Fame/Honor can range from 0-10000

Player ressing
    Temporary Stat Loss(3 minutes)

.01 Stat loss in all skills

If killed within 3 minutes of resurrection stat loss is doubled and so is insurance..must be killed 45 seconds after resurrection for this to occur

Self-Res
    (Zero penalty)

I agree will never EVER happen but it's cool to post ideas every now and then

Nyses likes this.
  10. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

I don't know how you pvp'd in factions but prior to them breaking it our guild rarely sat out during a fight due to getting statted. I would tell you most competent pvpr's learned how to get around this issue, through the use of skill boosting jewelry and spell books. you can muddle through it and still be effective until you got out of stat. many guys I fought with and against wore it as a badge of honor that they were still viable even in stat.

#10 SlobberKnocker, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  11. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Nothing will beat being statted and coming back with no skill jewls and me killing that kid in a duel while in stat, on top of cottons..still one of the funniest UO moments for me

12. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

yup yup. the fight don't end when stat begins. would like to see the faction revamp soon. our group would certainly consider hitting the stone again if it is worth it.