1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Confused: Human v Garg Smith/Imbuing

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by LadyMargaret, Oct 22, 2009.

1. LadyMargaret

LadyMargaret Guest

There's probably a thread on this, I couldn't find it.

I'm in the process of running imbuing on my human blacksmith character.

I know you get Imbuing gains from being a Garg, my question is should I transfer Imbuing to another character or change my smith to a Garg?

He is a Legendary Smith, 100 Arms Lore, 100 Mining, of course running up to 120 Imbuing.

I do have a spare character I rarely use that I could move Imbuing to if that's the best plan.

2. riohnyx

riohnyx Guest

You don't have to be a garg to train imbuing. Gargs get an imbuing bonus so it is easier for them to successfully imbue, but that doesn't mean it's better for training purposes. Usually you want the extra difficulty to get the better gains.
  3. LadyMargaret

LadyMargaret Guest

sorry, I didn't mean for training, I mean after I hit 120. Do I lose anything (smithing, mining) by changing this char over to a Garg?
  4. miss uo

miss uo Guest

Gargoyles cant wear +5 mining gloves....
  5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    dont forget you also GET improved enhance with special mats (although I have no clue what it is)
  6. LadyMargaret

LadyMargaret Guest

sorry, what did you mean?

I found this, is this what you mean? and has enhancing been confirmed?:
    "Master Artisan: A strong cultural emphasis on art and craftsmanship grants the Gargoyles an increased chance to imbue, enhance, and unravel magical items."

If that's the case, maybe I should move mining to a human character, and turn my Smith/Imbuer to a Gargoyle.