1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player News) Congrats Siege on the Void Pool Banner

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by chargar42, Nov 10, 2014.

1. chargar42

chargar42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Siege received the Void Pool Banner today for completing the most rounds of any shard. Its located just south of the EM Reward Hall. Congrats again.

Attached Files:

2. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

awesome job guys! I hope this is something that stands for a loooooong time!!

3. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Actually I love it but I would sure love to break are own record.

4. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Well hrm, you could always invite non guild members, and have it occur at a more reasonable time of night. :p

Tyrath and Blaeke like this.
  5. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I don't think you have much idea how any people were involved or how long it took.

6. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

There were people there from all over the Alliance... The time was discussed by everyone who attended ( White Council Alliance has members from more than one continent ) and we compromised as best we could. ;)

Amber Witch and Troop_Gil like this.
  7. startle

On or about October 20th in 2012, the Japanese Shard Hokuto set the All Shards Record for Void Pool waves completed at 204, breaking the then current Siege Record.

Two days later, this post appeared:
    Over the next 21 months members of the White Council Alliance (which includes members from several different Alliance Guilds) attempted to surpass the Hokuto record, with our final and All Shards Record setting day coming this past July 20th, 2014.

Not only did we set the bar very high on that day, we accomplished the feat with only 28 members. Of course it's fair to say that most of the 28 had been along on prior attempts.... We were all quite dedicated, to say the least... :cool:

In fact, we had failed on our last attempt - a month or two before this one - but in doing so we recognized the final modifications needed to complete our overall strategies and tactics.

If you spoke to any of the 28 members that were there, to a man/woman they would tell you that it could not have happened without the time tested leadership of Hoffs, Leader of GIL.

This is not necessarily meant to be taken as an endorsement of GIL (although I suppose I'd be remiss if missed the obvious opportunity here), but rather an endorsement of what a dedicated team of fun loving, challenge seeking people can do together on a weekend...

;)

Here's an image of the Void Pool Record site on Siege that includes UOCartographer for reference.......

[​IMG]

#7 startle, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  8. Black chill

Black chill Visitor
    Ubro

i have to say awesome work. you all work hard to get it....:bowdown::bowdown:

startle likes this.
  9. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Congrats, well done:cheerleader:

startle likes this.
  10. Tarquinn

Tarquinn Visitor

Very nice folks! Wish I was around to see that :)

startle likes this.
  11. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I was lucky to be part of the previous attempts. I know how hard it was to reach 180 (and the difficulty increase every wave). Let me tell you, in order to go that high, it wasn't just about having a number of committed people. Equipments, skills, positions, communication/timing, everything had to be perfectly orchestrated.

Congratulations!

12. startle

The White Council is always looking for good people.... And from what I've heard rumored, our brothers and sisters in the far lands to the East have made plans to set a new record. I suspect we'll need to take back our place on top in the near future... ;)

Black chill and Amber Witch like this.
  13. startle

Thank you for that, Zalfein... You are exactly correct. Everyone had a task and a place to be... Our plans allowed for each of us to have breaks, while the others took care watch for damage, etc... Best of all, we had a GREAT TIME doing it! :thumbsup:

Troop_Gil and Amber Witch like this.
  14. Tarquinn

Tarquinn Visitor

Well if I'm around to help hold the title, you can count on me! I always down for an adventure or two ;)

Troop_Gil and Amber Witch like this.