1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Consecrate Weapon

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Ford Taunus, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Ford Taunus

Ford Taunus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Guide says:

Consecrate Weapon also offers a 1% Damage Increase per 2 points in Chivalry above 90 skill, in addition to optimal damage type (5% Damage Increase bonus at 100, 10% at 110 and 15% at 120 Chivalry).Duration of the effect is affected by the caster's Karma, resulting in 5-11 seconds.

It raises some questions:
    - Where this Damage Increase bonus is counted? Total 300% cap? From item 100% cap?
    - Or is this bug?
    - Or is there just old information on Guide?

I cannot see this bonus on UI as I see Divine Fury bonus at Damage Increase at player stat screen

#1 Ford Taunus, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

3. Ford Taunus

Ford Taunus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Look deep in the 120 Chiv post stickied above.

The short of it is the bonus does exist, but it is subject to the 300% damage cap. So if you are already at the cap due to slayers, perfection, EOO, etc then it won't matter. What I think CW is best for is hitting your target with 100% elemental damage in each target's weakest resist. Of course this doesn't matter for AI.

kRUXCg7 and CorwinXX like this.
  5. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

I don't have a link for you, sorry. But maybe Obsidian is right with the Chiv 120 thread!