1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Considering coming back

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Aeon, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Aeon

Aeon Guest

Guten Abend

I was curious if UO was still active. I've read several forums including this one and it doesn't seem to be as active as it use to be. Last time I played things seemed pretty inactive.

I was thinking of redownloading UO for kicks. I just don't want to spend the money if its still boring. Last shard I played on was Atlantic.

2. Driven Insane

Yep still active. Maybe not as many players as a few years ago, but there's still plenty of fun to be had.

As I've said in other threads, I personally am enjoying UO more than I have in a long time. There's seems to be alot more to do and one of my major irritations of the past is finally gone. I used to get major headaches playing the mix and match game of 1000's of pieces of armor trying to come up with a good suit. Now with Imbuing and Reforging it is SO much better. And no matter what you can always go do the mini champs to collect the ingredients either to sell or for your next suit change. That along with added Peerless' and champs, there's always something to do, at least IMO.

Also if you're into PvP I hear Atlantic is a great shard. I play Pacific and even though some clueless twits on here will claim Fel is dead. In the last week I've been to a few champs and Harrowers where there was 30+ people fighting. Good times!

#2 Driven Insane, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  3. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

Yeah what Driven said. Not sure what you found boring or what you enjoy doing, but I think you can even open a trial account to check things out without paying one dime. Even try out a new playstyle than you tried before. Or you can risk a whole $12 and try to reactivate an old account to see whats on it. Worst case, you're out $12. There are lots of returning players, myself included. Some stick around, and some don't.

Oh, and welcome back :) Glad to have you.

4. Aeon

Aeon Guest

Lack of community I think it what bored me. I use to pvp back when there were a lot of guilds, then things died down. Then I tried crafting/pvm and then that died down, then I just let my accounts go inactive and haven't played since. Brit bank was empty, no massive fights and pvm felt like mindless work heh.

5. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

6. Joey Porter

Joey Porter Guest

I recently came back about 9 months ago and love it.

Yes there are still plenty of things that could be better or things that need to be fixed but if you are playing on Atlantic there are a good amount of people and lots to do.

7. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

There is a lot being done in some areas, see the UO Dev Tracker.

8. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'd say come on back..
    Lotta new ****e.. but you'll adjust.

It's still UO after all.

9. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Create a 14 day trial account. See for yourself what community is left without paying.

10. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Good advice with this in mind... 14 day accounts are pre-SA.

11. Aeon

Aeon Guest

I think I'm going to reactivate my accounts this week. If I do does anyone know of any active pvm guilds on an active shard? I have skilled characters on a few shards, most are on Atlantic, Great Lakes, and Lake Superior though. I'd be down for playing any shard I think.

Thanks everyone for your help. I started a trial account yesterday to check it out.

12. Joey Porter

Joey Porter Guest

L*V is based on Atlantic and we are very active. Pretty much all we do is PvM, champ spawns etc. You can almost always find a few of us at New Haven. Leader is Rhiimis, Cinder and MellyMel can also add you to the guild.

Tell them LTL sent you.

13. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Aye! True that! Come back! I returned last year in March and I never had so much fun in UO - not even in those "glorious early years" IMHO. UO is better than ever :) And we are having returners every week here on Drachenfels, funny thing: active player base seems to expand atm, no idea why... At least, there is pretty much action in the prime time...

14. Roland Of Gilead

Roland Of Gilead Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran

UO still rox come try europa if your bored with atl :) We love returners and theres tons like me who would be happy to help u get going and help u find a guild u like :)As for less players how could it not after running like a million years straight right?Unfortunatly its a trend ALL mmorpgs are facing lately and several major news outlets an such have been reporting about it past few weeks on the massively declining numbers on players on mmorpgs and decline in video game sales in general.A sad trend but we are the people that keep it alive so come along play and have fun with us theres much to show u im sure since you've been gone and we'd love to have u back!

15. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

One correction; if he comes back on a trial account, he'll be forced to stay in the Help channel... and there's almost never anyone there, so the game will seem far more dead than it is.

So Aeon, if you do return, try and make contact with one of the major guilds or someone here on Stratics who can put you in touch with the players and events. Also check the EM event calender for your chosen shard, a great way to meet people and see content!

16. Aeon

Aeon Guest

I'll look them up.....but only because Chuck Norris is on your avatar.

Chuck Norris once threw a grenade and killed 50 people..........then the grenade went off.

Joey Porter likes this.