1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

CONSTANT client crashes

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Priam_Sonoma, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Priam_Sonoma

Priam_Sonoma Guest

See below post for my whine...

2. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Is it if you're running a certain illegal 3rd party program. Not saying YOU are...just saying...

3. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

what exactly are you saying?

And yes... I have crashed more often than I have in the past 8 years total; recalling since publish 53...

4. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I've noticed a lot of crashes lately too. Only UO, ICQ, UOA, and Ventrillo are running.

Not only that, the new client seems to have a HUGE memory leak. After 5 minutes of running around I check my resource usage. Processor use is at 40% (on a 1.2 ghz) and memory usage is at 150Kb. That is WAY too much, as when i start its at 10% and 13Kb. -releasemem works for a SHORT period (meaning under 20 seconds).

I reduced the cache size in my config file, that has helped some.

The UO client has *almost* forced me into running a script to type "-releasemem" every 15 seconds!!!!!!

5. Strawberry

Strawberry Guest

I've usually only have UO and UOAssist running when it crashes. Sometimes Firefox and notepad open as well, but nothing nefarious.

It does happen without UOAssist as well. When I was crashing just trying to walk across Luna bank one night, I tried to log in without UOA and still had the exact same immediate crash the moment I tried to walk one pace forward.

6. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'll just quote what I said in another thread: