1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Constant crashes during recall

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Priam_Sonoma, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Priam_Sonoma

Priam_Sonoma Guest

This evening I am crashing like mad when attempting to recall. This a known bug or am I having an off night?
  2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 25, 2005
    I give you a suggestion, try to recall in a place without players that can drag items... I crash always if someone is draggin an item when I'm recalling...
  3. Revenant2

Revenant2 Guest

Lately I've been crashing a lot when somebody or, even a monster, dies.

I do know that if you're dragging someone's bar and they die, it can crash you. I think I crashed when I was dragging a monster's bar and it died.
  4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I'm guessing you're all getting these crashes in the 2d client :eyes:
  5. Inspector

Inspector Guest

The other night this was happening to me and I checked the latency/packetloss... and everything looked fine for a minute until I seen packet loss jump to 50% suddenly and then shoot back down to 0%.... was quiet odd.
  6. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 14, 2006
  7. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I am experiencing the same, and playing in 2D. But I know others in our party having same issues and they are using KR.

Almost afraid to send in bug report for this. With dev's history, their solution might be to disable recall altogether. We'd have to walk everywhere. And if your character is in Tok Islands or Lost Lands.. well too bad... so sad!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM
  8. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 12, 2008
    Actually, pretty sure this is because of a bug mentioned several months ago.. that being if someone is dragging an item nearby at the exact moment you recall, you crash. It's just more obvious now because most people are headed to one area with a lot of moving items.
  9. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Surely that would make recalling to a busy bank nearly guaranteed to cause a crash?
  10. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 19, 2008
    The same was happening to me last night, when using gate travel. Maybe I should try KR :p
  11. Strawberry

Strawberry Guest

I was crashing last night just trying to walk across Luna bank, not recalling at all. There was a spot in the middle of Luna bank that would crash anyone who walked across it on that floor or the floor above it.