1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Consume Damage

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by Lord Taliesin, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

I'm wondering if folks have any reports of using consume damage with their pets on high end stuff and how it's gone. I dropped eval on my tamer to bring taming and lore real skill to 120 and finally got my hands on a Vol III taming primer and I'm excited to see what the ole greater dragon can take down now.

2. MisPrinTed LiEs

MisPrinTed LiEs Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Thinking of trying on Scalis first chance I get

3. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tried it on Tuesday with my Greater. At just under 110 taming/120 lore, I still had to heal him regularly.

I helped a guy tame a Greater last night, bringing my own to tank. Turned on consume damage, let it wander around, and at one point it had 4+ dragons and 2 Greaters on it. The HP bar DIDN'T MOVE AT ALL. Naturally, it took a little time to kill everything, but I could easily go into pretty much any dungeon, leave my dragon in an area with heavy spawn, and as long as nothing aggro's on me, it would NEVER die.

Against certain things the ability doesn't seem to work, since they do a large amount of damage: Slasher/Stygian Dragon and Scalis are definites. I would assume Corgul and Blackthorn Captains fall under that umbrella as well.

4. BearCorpse

BearCorpse Visitor

Empowerment and Consume damage only work about Physical damage. They, powerful bosses melee has various elemental damage.
    Ex:Stygian Dragon:25%Physical,50%Fire,25%Energy,Slasher:20%every
    So these ability less effective with tanking bosses.

5. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ahh. That's why. Good to know, thanks!