1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Contest for new thieves

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Touzoko, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Here is contest. Contest jogs until March 20, Spring day. This is for new thieves, and hopes this helps more enterprising one.

Learn how to take screen shots. This one can't help- he does not know how lol. But instructions are available, and help may be sought. Then go forth and make best steals, recording.
    After Spring Day, there will be poll on pvp thief forum. Non-thieves are invited to make voting if they choose.

Prize will be +25 stat scroll, and 100k gold. May increase prize if something swell for idea arises, but at least these items.
    Good luck, go forth and steal.

2. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

also will include newbie clothing set of pants and shirt.

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

ROFL. I haven't even eaten a +25 scroll yet...la

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

not really a necessity for us, but many wish for extra points.
    Thieves being so far advanced and better than other classes, we may do more with less, but thought it might help with diversification of skills for someone.

5. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Bumps up a reminder- go forth young thieves, go forth and steal

6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Just some clarification please, does killing someone with something i want or need constitute a "good" steal?

Or are we just looking for max value (say ps's)

And another for clarification, sorry, if for example my steal results in my death but still the items...is that a steal?(say i steal a 1.0 stealing or ninja sot and before faceplanted i eat it)

7. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would like to see this contest focus on obtaining items using the stealing skill. Not items obtained by pvp or pk, but good old fashioned stealing.

If you steal item, get killed, but kept item, yes, that counts. Just make picture.

8. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Damn, wish i had the uoscreenshot facility before!!!

That exact scenario happened a few days ago, i checked despise and someone was working a spawn got there pack open luckily first time, (low snooping) and to my surpise a .9 stealing! With my stealing in ROT i couldnt turn it down and attempted...succeeded...ran...ate...died lol

9. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Very nice. I love when I can steal something that I can use. Sure it's nice to get the big ticket items, but if there is an item I can use...that's the bestest. :) ...la

10. RichDC

RichDC Guest

For all those who need a screenshot facility...

www.uopvp.net

Go to the pvp discussion and the first and only sticky...its a link to a very decent screenshot programme.

11. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

reminder to new thieves- contest still running. Ends Mar 20. Post pics on pvp thief forum under post with same name.