1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Converting mining mule to gargoyle

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Rudolph57, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Rudolph57

Rudolph57 Guest

I have legendary imbueing on my mule. The mule is human. To get max result out of imbueing I need a gargoyle with a lot of loyalty points to be able to use the queens forge.
    I therefore have the choice to :

make a new gargoyle and soulstone imbuing over to him​
    or convert my existing mule to gargoyle.​

Disadvantage of first option is that I need another 120 imbuing power scroll; advantage is that I could use that character to try out mysticism as well.

Advantage of second option is I don't need an extra 120 PS.

What I am not sure of, if converting makes the mule useless as miner since gargoyles cannot ride mounts. Not sure if they can command mounts and that it might mean that I cannot use my beetle anymore for storing ore while mining or use my firebeetle for converting ore to ingots while mining.

Anyone knows the answer to the question of the possibility for (coverted) gargoyles to command mounts?

Second question: if I bring my present mule to 10.000 loyalty points, will the character keep those loyalty points in the conversion process to gargoyle?

2. TheLetterQ

TheLetterQ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You can own pets and control them just like anyone else. You just can't ride them.

You do NOT loose loyalty using the change token.

another 120 scroll isn't a disadvantage for imbuing...burn 500 essences and use a scroll binder.

Q

3. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You don't need mining on crafter. Soulstone it to elf

4. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Gargoyles cannot wear gloves, so Mining Gloves are out.

Stayin Alive,

BG