1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cooking Gains and Advice Please!

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Dread Pirate Robert, May 1, 2011.

1. Dread Pirate Robert

Stratics Veteran

Just curious the best way to gain skill in cooking, and how far is it really necessary to take this skill, all the way to GM, or possible to stop somewhere earlier? I'm at 68 currently. It will be on my mule, who has Alchemy, Inscription, Tinkering, Carpentry, and basically every other Profession skill on or soulstoned already, cooking is just my last one to finally finish. Best to go with a ton of fish steaks? Or is there something else where I don't have to rely on having or stocking up on several different components for making one item, hoping for a gain.
    Thanks for the help!

2. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

The correct forum woud be Botany and nutriton and hhere is the FAQ
    http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-botany-nutrition/10103-cooking-taste-id-faq.html

I found that having a few cooking talismans helped smooth out the gains for me. My theory was to make stuff with fishsteaks till I quit gaining since I had a fisherman who had saved up 20,000 fishsteaks however that is not possible anymore but you can purchase them from npc. Then I tried to make stuff that I wanted to use/sell adjusting with my talismans and ended up making miso soup to finish