1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cooking, since when do you HAVE to have an Oven?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by weins201, Dec 23, 2010.

1. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I was just trying to cook some stuff at my house infront of a hearth of home fires and I kept getting the message i need to be near an Over?

When the *&^ did that happen?

2. Babble

Babble Guest

You forgot to stack wood in your hearth?
    As for the question, no idea, does a campfire work or do you need an oven and which meal are you trying to prepare?

3. Smokin

Smokin Guest

I thought that hearth thing worked as an oven too and didn't it give +5 to cooking at one time. I think I remember something like that. But yeah I was cooking charcoal and had to use an oven, nothing else would work.

4. Siabra

Siabra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hi .. cooking has been this way for ages now- it was long ago - when I began that you could cook on a heating stand ( very nice to b able to do)..

But somewhere along the line, someone probably thought it'd be better if you actually cooked over something that produced heat..

Mm campfires I believe you can cook at- though i havent tried them in ages - simply to much time to do..

Home of the Hearth you can use to cook - also the ones that are at npc shops for the most part

Hope this helps :sad3:

5. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You all missed it when i said i was standing in front of my Home of the Hearth and was still getting the msg I had to actually place an Oven to be able to cook ANYTHING. Hearth, Forge, Brazier didn't work ony an Oven?

This has to have been within a few months as I have used cooking to make items needed for cannons when they came out but now had to have an Oven for that also.

Phfftt

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It depends what you're cooking. You can barbeque on a forge, but you can't bake on it - baking needs an oven.

The art of cooking

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Personally I just use one of those cute little elven ovens.... doesn't stick through my ceiling... and fits in one nice tile.

8. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I used to cook the Fish Sticks on my boat with the heating stand not sure if that still works.

9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Personally, I barbeque off of fire fields. That's the way to do it! That's how I made my rotworm stew to complete the blackrock stew quest.

10. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

BBQ cooking huum TY

BBQ and cooking that might be the difference TY

11. canary

canary Guest

I don't have a cook. Sorry.

12. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Out of curiosity, is there any difference between barbecuing and baking? I can see not being able to bake on campfires, hearths of the homefire, and heating lamps, but can you barbecue on them?

13. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I was trying the heating stand sometime back and was bothered by the change. When the HS came out I tried making charcoal on my boat and no luck. Any hobostove should work to make things. It's just the way the recent developers think.

-Lorax