1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Copying UI Between Chars?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Reinzeld, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Okay, so I am trying out the new client. I went to the trouble to set up some four different hotbars, and arrange everything where I want them around the screen.

So, is there any way to automatically transfer this layout to my other characters? Or will I have to do this manually for each?

(If this is answered in one of the FAQs, then verbally abuse me and tell me, and I will go research. I glanced through, but either it isn't there or I overlooked it in my haste.)

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Exit UO to your desktop.

Navigate on your hard drive to: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Computer Name)\My Documents\EAGames\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\(Account Name)\(Shard Name)\

Right Click on the file named for the character you want to copy the macros and desktop setting from and select copy.

Paste the copy back in the same location to create a copy of the macro file - it will be named: Copy of (Character name).

Delete the file for the character that needs the macro file and then rename the "Copy" to replace the file you just deleted.

Reload UO and you should be set.

The path given above is for Win-XP and may be slightly different for Vista or Win-7.

If you are copying to a different shard, the instructions are the same, except when you paste the copied file, navigate to the other shard's folder.

3. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks a ton, I'll give that a shot.