1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cora = a complete waste of time / effort. Please fix / adjust

Discussion in 'UHall' started by weins201, Jun 26, 2012.

1. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ok so now it is confirmed that the Artifacs that drop of Cora are ALSO avail at the level four and even the level three area of covetous, somthing needs to be adjusted with Cora.

Cora can take anywhere from 10 - 30 minutes to kill and only a small chance at recieving and artifact, with only a few items of any real value (that is if you even considering unravelling to relic frags valua) and a 1 hour spawn time between coras she is a COMPLETE waste of risk (work) vs reward.

I can kill all of the critters in level 4 at least twice befroe i can even kill cora once and I have recieved more arties and have unravelled MANY MANY more relic frags than i could even dream of obtaiing from Cora?

Soooooo in conclusion I, and I am sure many others have decided Cora just isn't worth it.

Therefore Cora by her initial design is a COMPLETE waste of time.

sativa green likes this.
  2. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't mind Cora too much, but I stopped farming her when some idiot that shares the name of my main sampire started coming down and waiting for the last 20% and pretty much ruining it for everyone else there. I refuse to dual client to get a mob down the first 80% so that some jackass can come in and ruin it the last 20%.

3. Driven Insane

I've had been soloing her in about 20 mins, and I agree 100%.

The only point in that boss creature (or so I thought) was a chance at the newest artis. But what's the point when I can farm levels 3 and 4 for the exact same artis with alot less risk (both from the creatures and other players who come along).

4. sativa green

sativa green Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

the timer on her spawn should be removed, and her health should be reduced. it's far too long of a battle for such a small chance at a reward, when as stated, it is far more lucrative to kill monsters at level 3/4 than to do cora. she needs a unique loot table (maybe the +5 scroll) of sorts.

Mirt likes this.
  5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I agree, Cora need something extra and unique.

Eaerendil likes this.
  6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't mind how long it takes to kill her. It would be interesting if she summoned random creatures at like 75% 50% 25% health.

But I agree in that her loot needs some kind of up grade. In about 50 times of killing her I got 4 artifacts and 1 really nice upper end magic kasa (no negatives).

7. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

went down there last week with a guild mate.
    we thought we would throw in with whoever was there and try her out.

rolled up, fella yelled stay back, we didnt.
    we all died.
    we res'd.
    watched the fella solo her all alone.

then waited.
    watched the same fella solo her again.

conclusion.
    solo takes a long time but it works.
    team = instant death.

never went back.
    so id have to agree with ya on this one.

8. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Team isn't insta death, you just have to know how to do it.

The tank should be near the middle. With a bard inside partied so he can get the bonus effects from bard songs.

You can stand 1 step from her max range and still hit the tank with heals.

Her breath attack is like 30 seconds between each. Plenty of time to get off a couple of spells, bow shots, throws, hits with a weapon and run back out of range.

9. Shadefox

Shadefox Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Cora is very much doable as a team, maybe more than most other bosses, and goes down fairly quick even if just soloing (should take some time) or double teaming her. And for the reward, she got alot higher chance of rolling uber gear than anything else, and IMHO it should be hard to get those bits with no negatives. I enjoy this boss alot, and from the short time shes been around, I found more usefull keepsakes than from any other farming Ive done for quite some time.

People just need to rething their tactics, try new things - Melisande takes longer time to kill than cora for small teams.

10. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I walked up to her yesterday night and got rolled, hard. Can anyone comment on the style that they are doing it? I understand if this information is rather kept secret but I'd like to throw it out there.

11. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It's not really a secret, there was a thread.... defeating Cora detailing most of it, when I get sometime later, I'll type something up.

12. Picus at the office

Stratics Veteran

I thought I saw a thread a few weeks back but the search function seems to have gone kerblunk. If someone has that link it would be a good place for people like myself to refrence....thanks for the reply:)

13. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

14. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thanks, it's working for me now...I shall post if I get something worthy.

15. Driven Insane

Ok here's how I solo her on my warrior. Char was a sampire, but the life leech was not enough to keep me alive so I swapped out necro for healing.

fencing 120
    tactics 120
    anatomy 110
    healing 100
    bushido 120
    parry 65
    chivalry 85

I chug Greater Str potions and eat a purple or orange petal when needed. After that my stats sit at:

148 hit points
    168 stamina
    94 mana

I use a leafblade with the following stats:
    50% mana leech
    50% stamina leech
    40% mana drain
    20% SSI
    45% DI

Of course I honor her and use EoO.

A trapped box to break the para attack is also needed.

I try to have feint up whenever she gets ready to send her big attack at me. But with 148 hit points, it really isn't a big deal getting hit for 60 damage every 20 seconds. Really other than her big attack, she doesn't do much else. The mana drain effect on my weapon robs her of her mana and unless I wiff a few times in a row, she really doesn't have enough mana to do anything very damaging or heal herself much as her health gets low.

Just make sure to stand right on top of her to avoid her area mana drain attack. This can get tricky as she may move around at the end when her health is low.

Takes about 15-20 mins usually although there are times when she seems tougher.

16. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well, you are lucky than - my last drop is days old - i used to have a drop all 2-3 hours at Level 3+4 you know i posted this...
    Currently i try to get a drop at Level 3, Level 4 and did help at Cora - no drop since 3 days hanging out at Covetous 3-4 hours a day...
    I think i leave the field for others now and move on going for Unravel's at Shame...
    Bye Covetous...

17. Picus at the office

Stratics Veteran

Well i banged out one last night. Wasn't to bad once I reread the other post. I'm sorry I missed the whole drop every few hours and her loot, while nice, was all cursed. That said I doubt that anyone else is there on my main shard so I can farm her, I suspect, if I feel like it and I might try tonight in a samp luck suit I built a while back. I'm going to bring in my third account to run a additional bard spell set and see if that speeds it all up.

18. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

So, basically, Cora needs to be a guaranteed drop while the creatures in the level above her are only a chance of a drop?

For me that would probably mean that I was guaranteed to get every item available except the one I wanted of course.

19. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I dont think Cora should be given a 100% dr, but at least more than DF's give at Doom since she is harder..prolly give her a 30% chance?
    Critters at Level 3 should be given a 3% rate and at Level 4 a 10% chance...
    I still think, and ok hate me and flame me for this "whining" about it again not believing nothing has been changed, but since the last pub realy something changed at Covetous - i DONT say SOMEONE changed something dont get me wrong..
    Since i am (was) there alot and met alot people everyone there told me they noticed changes...even the critters there at Level 3 are harder now in some matter...

I dont complain...i just determine

20. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Here's my thing with the drop rate. At best, she will spawn about 18 times a day; 36 if you count both Tram and Fel. Just for the sake of discussion, let's say she spawns 20 times a day between the 2.

If her drop rate was 20% that would mean she would drop 4 artifacts a day. That would be 28 in a week and 112 in a month.

The only way I would want to see the drop rate increased is if she had a list of common drops and then a couple of rare drops.

21. Picus at the office

Stratics Veteran

I don't think that anyone is looking for a 100% chance of a drop either way but I would think that everyone would agree that if the belief is that a system was a certain way and that system seems to have changed thus causing a fair amount of chatter it would then get some type of reply from the Dev team to address the issue.

22. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ok well since this was tottally drailed!

I never said cora wasn't doable, I konw how to do her and have often, she is just a waste of time. I get this conclusion from the FACT that I can kill everyting in level 4 at least once in the time for her to spawn. And from that round of killing get over 50 relic fragments from unraveling. From Cora I may get 5 relic frags from unraveling. The usefullness of the items themselves is porportional SOOOOOOO if i can get 5 items from ONE cora but 50 from a round in level 4 welll????? An I also have a chance at an artifact from level 4 then somthing needs to be done to make Cora more of a draw as it is, simply by the numbers, a complete waste of time and efort to kill cora.\!!!!! Thats was what was stated originally.

I NEVER said 100% chance at Cora, just that somthing needs to be looked at!!!

I do not waste time in Cora, and anyone that does well they are a fool - you can get ALOT, and i mean AALLOOTT more items from level 3 and 4 and still have a chance at an arti. And simple numbers again prove that you have a better chance at artis from 3 and 4 since you are basically killin 20 - 50 times more critters.

DO NOT TRY AND PUT WORDS IN MY STATEMENTS THEY ARE SIMPLE AND TO THE POINT!

If you don't agree I fell sorry for you, simple math must be tough for you.