1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cora The Sorceress in 12 minutes on Mace Fighter

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Quickblade, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Check out MY YT Chanel for Fezzik the Ogre Cook and, Shadowlords bosses videos !! Thanks Also check out my link in signature below for stream pvp channel on TwitchTv

petemage, Lug and DJAd like this.
  2. Boba

Boba Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

So the only way to solo this boss is to own 3 active accounts?

G.v.P likes this.
  3. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No I can do it with two accounts takes double time tho, but I guess if I had a feint weapon I could solo it (1 account) but would take 30+ minutes

Lug likes this.
  4. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Two bards and a samp is all but afk for Cora.

Can be done even faster if you put spellweaving on one of the bards for some well timed WOD at the end.

5. Martell

Martell Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sweet videos of you cycling Explo/FS and not killing anyone. Innoc would cry if he could see what someones done to his account.

6. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Come on catskills bro and ill kill you in one dump explo flamestrike nova (5 seconds)

7. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Looking at this on my phone and it's hard to see what you are capping out for damage, could you share that? I farm Cora all the time with one bard but it's totally afk with two..

Lug likes this.
  8. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

239 my highest lightning strike crit , in this video I think 231 , but IM training back my anatomy to 120 since I read it makes critial proc more often. Yea it takes 20 minutes completly afk, but I like to chain lightning strikes and counter attacks, specially when two crits back to back with counter attack , for a total of almost 600 damage . If I had a captain johne's blade ,near the end, I could probly wraith form and chain double strikes with the bane property not sure how much it would do tho

9. Lug

Lug Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had two crosshealing parry warriors that I'd use to solo Doom before UO:SE came out. I used UOAssist to setup my crosshealing macros and paly spells. ALT-Triple Click (auto follow) was soooo helpful in Doom with two accounts running. Yes it was a simplier time - lol.

Nowadays, multi clienting has gone up a few levels. Throw in the EC's long macros and things get real interesting.

Watching your video makes me want to activate more accounts! Good job, and keep the videos coming.

10. Martell

Martell Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You forgot the necessary "curse" nooblet.

11. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Where did you read that, because I thought it was based only on Bushido skill? I didn't think Anatomy had any factor as far as crit chance.

All I can find is this on UO Guide, and I don't really trust whoever wrote it since they aren't even sure about what a LS Crit does (it's basically an armor ignore, for anyone who hasn't used LS yet ;P).

Edit: Nm the old formula I saved is (Bushido x Bushido) /72000, so I guess 20% at 120 Bushido.

Found here, as well:
    http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/bushido/the-samurai

#11 G.v.P, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  12. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You might be correct but it could be a coincidence I gained 0,1 anatomy in this video while having a critical) we'll probly not know unless a dev come here and tell us , well Im training anatomy back from 90 and im now near 115 and didnt see an increase in the proc chance of criticals, but I noticed a slight damage increase. I might change my weapon and run with ornate axe and gm lumberjack. Curious to see what would be the damage output

#12 Quickblade, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  13. DanteSignas

Props on the Jeru tracks. Glad to know i'm not the only hip hop head playing UO.

Quickblade likes this.
  14. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

You´re not... ;)

15. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I am pretty sure, the only difference Anatomy will make, is higher base damage and thus overall damage done per hit. No effect to crit hit chance that I know about. This is how rumors get started.

Obsidian and G.v.P like this.
  16. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Not sure...all I know is the old formula was definitely Bushido-only, for the purposes of crits. I know they changed Evasion a few times, and of course they changed how crits worked in PvP, haha...but yeah...well, they also adjusted the mana cost, right? So I guess that was one PvM change. Hm. I'm just of the opinion that what's up on UO Guide doesn't seem to be backed by any kind of statement, you know, like, there isn't even a Bushido-based formula that I can find there, so it's a real conspiracy theory. If I had to bet, I'm going to assume it's still like it was since SE launched (other than the aforementioned changes we know to be true, like the PvP nerfs, etc).

17. Amyy Cooper

Amyy Cooper Visitor

Definitely agree with what you stated. Your explanation was certainly the easiest to understand. I tell you, I usually get irked when folks discuss issues that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail right on the head and explained out everything without complication. Maybe, people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.

18. Cocaine1

Cocaine1 Seasoned Veteran

I know man who did Cora solo(1 account 1 char) for less then 15 mins.
    If he placed video somethere ill place a link here.

19. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I solo'ed it in about the same time using just one account.

SoftServeDreams likes this.
  20. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Lightning Strike's Critical Chance is based upon Bushido skill, it caps out at 20% Critical Chance at 120 Bushido. Lightning Strike Criticals are somewhat stronger than AIs in PvM, since AI only does 90% of your damage, while Criticals do the full 100%. Lightning Strike has been nerfed a couple of times since it was first introduced. The first nerf to it capped it at 35 damage in PvP, and the second nerf doubled it's Mana Cost from 5, to 10.
    Before the nerfs, my Samurai/Swordsman was sometimes able to insta gib people with two simultaneous Lightning Strike crits, one would be a Lightning Strike triggered by Counter Attack, and the other would be a Lightning Strike triggered by auto attack. With the Sword of the Stampede (No-Dachi) doing 60+ damage a LS Crit, it would insta kill most anyone back then.

21. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Usually this is compensated by other bonuses (Slayer, EOO, Honor) so AI does the same damage.

As to my experience when you do simultaneous auto attack and Counter Attack only one of them uses activated special. This is why Counter Attack didn't increase overall damage in my tests.