1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

EM Event CORONATION OF HIS MAJESTY KING BLACKTHORN

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by EMTiberies, Oct 5, 2012.

1. EMTiberies

EMTiberies Journeyman

CORONATION OF HIS MAJESTY KING BLACKTHORN

You are invited to be present at Castle Blackthorn on Sunday, the 7th day of October 2012 at 8 o’clock in the evening [Eastern time].

The work ahead will be difficult, but may this begin an age of peace, and unity.

EM_Bennu likes this.
  2. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

CRAP!

Thanksgiving weekend for me. I'm going to be eating turkey during this one :p

3. EM_Bennu

EM_Bennu UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

Hail to the King Baby.

[​IMG]

keel likes this.
  4. EMTiberies

EMTiberies Journeyman

EM_Bennu likes this.
  5. Queen Arya

Queen Arya Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Ah Ha Ha Ha Staying alive-staying alive (now I have this stuck in my head)
    Hard to do when your trying to recover your zombie bones in the grave yard!

6. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Tiberies and Bennu: I was at the coronation, however for whatever reason, none of the text from the speeches Dupre and Blackthorn gave showed up for me. It did other people who I know were there. I could see the spammers yacking but that's it. Will there be a youtube of it? Maybe a transcript of the speech?

And thanks for staying after to talk with us. I had never met either of you before. And Bennu: your exit was legendary. *I* wanna do that every time I recall away. :cool:

7. EMTiberies

EMTiberies Journeyman

Dupre's speech.

Fellow Britannians! For some time our great lands have been wrought with Strife.
    Whilst I battled fiercely the Sorceress Minax and her forces in Felucca, I watched as the land of Trammel was left to its own divide.
    Cities tore away and the nobility ignored the peasantry in the absence of a Crown.
    Taking advantage of this distraction the vile Exodus, freed through greed, tore the lands of Ilshenar asunder.
    Many of you stood by my side as we valiantly defeated the Demon.
    But with its death a darker and more sinister evil was released upon the Honor Moongate.
    Trouble would not end there…displaced from their native Ver Lor Reg, the Gargish faced a deadly plague with no hope for cure.

Then I heard news from a tiny fishing village in Ter Mur.
    And just when I thought mine ears had been deceived before me stood Lord Blackthorn, but not as a twisted clockwork beast…but as I once knew him, diligently assisting the afflicted gargoyles.

News travelled quickly of his return and before long his healing would once again be our savior.
    In a spectacular display of the arcane arts the evil that had shattered the Honor moongate was purged and the Moongate was once again restored to its brilliant blue.

It would seem things in our world occur in threes, and so is the case with Blackthorn’s return.
    Only a noble of his status could reunite Britannia’s fractured Cities and appease the troubled populace…

My Lords and Ladies, for too long has Britannia been without proper rule.
    For too long has Trammel been without guidance.
    It is clear from his actions that this man is not the deformed evil many came to know, but instead our hope for the future.

With the support of the Nobility and the thanks of Queen Zhah, her citizens, and Britannian’s everywhere it is my privilege and honor as a Champion of Britannia to hereby Crown you, Lord Blackthorn, as King of Britannia!

Alexander of ATL., Rhiannon and keel like this.
  8. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thank you for the transcript. While Dupre is known as much for his drunken behavior as well as his loyalty to Lord British, I will remain cautiously optimistic. I did wear my pink dress instead of black but I/we will be watching...