1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Corpse tinting

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Diggity, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Diggity

Diggity Guest

If it is possible, it would be helpful if mob corpses object handles could be tinted differently to differentiate between public/private corpses. There are a lot of situations such as the current event where corpses tend to pile up. It would help with looting if there was a quick way to distinguish corpses you can/can't loot. Ideally there would be 3 tints, corpses only you can loot (recent kills), corpses you can't loot (someone else's recent kill) and public corpses.

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Oh I second that!

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

4. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I just posted about this without looking through the threads lol. I would like to expand on this and say change the color of corpses themselves if possible since you can't, or at least I can't, drag health bars for corpses :p. If there was a way to drag a corpse's bar then those could change as well. Any mod creators out there wanna say if any of this is possible or not?

5. Tukaram

Tukaram Guest

That would be great!

Generally it is not a problem but during events like the bane one we're in it is impossible to tell which body in the mountain is lootable or not.

6. Diggity

Diggity Guest

Seems like corpse tinting should be possible as a mod. When doing the T2A event this weekend, I noticed that the title on the corpse gumps was "corpse" when I had instanced loot rights and "an ophidian's corpse" when it was public. So while the object handles report all as "an ophidian's corpse", the container window lua seems to know which are instanced.

7. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This information is only available after you open the corpse (and even then there might be no way to link the instanced container back to the corpse itself, because the IDs might not match [I haven't tried though]).

8. Diggity

Diggity Guest

That's true but since you can look at (open) the corpse using the object handle ID, I think you can also then get the container window title at that point. But there must be a better way since 2d shows the object handle tinting. Plus 2d also shows corpse tinting in all names. If I remember right, 2d is somewhat backwards from EC: in 2d private and public lootable corpses are both grey while unlootables are blue. Whereas EC private corpse gumps say corpse while public/unlootable both have the creature corpse description.

9. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You can open the corpse... but you need to both be close enough to the corpse to open it and will get hit by the "You must wait to perform another action" delay.

10. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Can a mod do this? Also, anyway to make allnames show corpses names like in the CC? And coloured like the CC to indicate public corpses.