1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Corpse to bones timer

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Deneya, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Deneya

Deneya Guest

Can someone please confirm for me the time when a corpse should turn to bones and then eventually disappear all together? Or if they have experienced the following problem:

Blue bug and I died today and bug was carrying some expensive items which I was transporting between houses. Bug died after me. My corpse turned to bones, my bug didn't have a corpse, didn't turn to bones, and there was nothing to indicate my bug actually died.

Everything on my bug disappeared into the ether. I have heard of one other person in guild who this has happened to - both times on Oce.

Has anyone else had his happen? I thought it was something like 16 minutes before a corpse decays (even though in this instance there was no corpse).

Just found out the above has happened to at least three people on Oce.

2. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

For players, when you die, your body turns to bones in 7 minutes. Then after 7 more minutes it disappears. For a pet, you don't get a two stage decay. The corpse decays in about 10 minutes (i think).

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

4. Deneya

Deneya Guest

So the fact my bug didn't have a corpse at all is definately an issue.

5. FYI - the newest Pinco User Interface has a corpse decay timer that starts automatically when you or your pet dies, and tells you when your body turns to bones.