1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Corpses won't decay...

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Nematode, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Hi all,

I noticed this problem last week after the latest publish. When I go spawning, the corpses from the fallen mobs just won't decay at all. I'll end up with level 1 to 4 mob corpses strewn all over the place when the champ spawns. My partner, who is on 2D, does not experience this.

Prior to this, the spawn corpses decay at an accelerated rate than normal. The only way to clear the corpses is if I log out and back in everytime the screen is just too choke-full of them for me to see properly... I also cant loot the corpses that have fallen for a while, clearly, they have already "decayed", but not graphically erased...

Anyone has any suggestion what I should do?

2. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Something like this happens to me, but is fairly rare.

Mob corpses will stay on the screen as if they are still alive. The corpses stand there and are unopenable. Logging out is the only way to make them disappear, so it is definately something client side.

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Its not just corpses I have also noticed this with live characters! I popped in at brit bank other day and was trying to talk to my friend and he was not answering then I noticed I could not interact with him in anyway but I could with others ... logged in and out and he and his dragon disappeared

4. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I know this bug too - it's not often, but still annoying. A few days ago, I saw a red moongate right in front of my house. I said to my friends: "Look! A moongate! I wonder where it goes." But I couldn't go through and got answers like "what the hell are you talking about?"

Probably was one of my own gates from half an hour earlier.

5. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

this happens to me in both clients

6. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Sighz, seems like Im not the only one with this issue. Could this be due to an old PC? Would reinstalling from scratch help?

7. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Probably not. May PC is a pretty new high-end gaming machine and my install only a few weeks old.