1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cottage Type House Design From Years Ago

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Deadstars, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Deadstars

Deadstars Guest

Okie.. I know this is random and almost pointless to ask but I figured I'd give it a shot.., but 2-3 years ago I found a house on here that was amazing and now I can't find it. Most the house pictures are removed from Imageshack or Photobucket, so it may still be on the thread, I just can't see it.

The house was sorta small-medium.. It had a roof and was very cottage looking. I seem to remember they had like beehive out front with like an apple tree and ladder going up. As soon as you walked into the house, you were in the kitchen. They used a lot of heritage type items like the table with the cloth and the rugs. It was very real looking. No bs like TVs and such.. I know this isn't much to go on, but I really wanna find a picture of this house..

If you have something similar, post it. I almost wanna say it was like the minoc style brick or something similar? Like the bigger gray bricks. I believe it was Like a square with a corner cut out.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

sounds very much like one of Ashyn's designs and I know that someone said they were going to save them all..... maybe Kayhynn? I know they're all gone from the sticky up top :( but all of Ashyn's designs were like that, very homey looking

3. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I saved a few of her tutorials, but not any of the homes in the home thread :(

4. Deadstars

Deadstars Guest

Well, that sucks. I'm looking to redesign my house again and I want it like that one. I had basically copied her design years ago, then quit, now I'm back and wanna do it again because I've never been as happy with a house as I was that one even though the design wasn't mine. I'm just design-stupid.

If anyone has any pics or anything at all or maybe a pic that has PART of what might be this house in the pic, please post it. Thankies!

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

not the house you were looking for, but it might help to get your decorating juices flowing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ashyn

Ashyn Guest

I stumbled onto this post while browsing the forums (sneaking about through the years as I always do to keep up with the beautiful designs you all work on).

While a great deal of the description sounds like one of my builds, not everything does - I didn't use the heritage table w/tablecloth because it placed horribly in a custom, and don't recall ever puting the heritage ladder up the heritage apple tree. I did use a lot (and I mean a lot) of heritage items in my builds though (including the ladder), but for the most part - the ladder was always used for access to an attached deck.

I do recall a couple of builds that somewhat meet the description of the post - the apple tree and the beehive specifically along with the corner cut out (but, again, it was a typical style for me). One was a farmhouse style house outside of Vesper, one was a cottage in Fel and the other was my original cottage in Zento (the one that started the stone kitchen requests).

The farmhouse and the fel cottage were both done in the Trinsic-style walls (the stone blocks for the base - generally the weathered ones in corners, the white walls w/brick side for the second floor). The Fel house also had a small pond - which lead to many cottage style designs with "bridges." The Zento cottage was done in the grayish stone walls with the pink heart windows. All three had the beehive out front along with the apple tree.

Unfortunately, I deleted all my designs from photo bucket a while back. The only things that remain (that I know of) are the image that Skylark saved of the window sills with flower boxes in one design and the stone kitchen tutorial remaining on Stratics, which was done using the same walls used in the Zento cottage. http://uo2.stratics.com/homes-and-decorations/tutorials-ashyns-stone-kitchen I am uncertain where the tutorial Kayhynn saved was posted.

Skylark has the window-sill flower boxes shown on the "deco examples" thread (page 2):
    The easiest way to know if it was one of my builds - did it have a stone counter kitchen? I was fanatical with those and created one in almost every design (in the time period you're looking for). If it didn't, it most likely wasn't mine.

I'm sorry I'm not much help and can't provide any images. Hopefully you've come up with a design your happy with or re-created the one that you enjoyed.

-Ashyn