1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Tailoring] Cotton/Wool

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Dragonchilde, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

I have runes marked for the moonglow cotton field, the Skara Brae cotton field, and the yew sheep pens, but are there more? I prefer cotton (stacks automatically after spinning) but I would love to have as many as possible. I;m trying to rebuild my cloth stash after years away (I had a few thousand, but it fell with my house.)
  2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    try delucia by healers hut and then there are a few outside delucia like your going to the undead fort that little cove on the left there are usually a few there to at least on ls shard
  3. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Aha! That's the one I was trying to think of. Thanks!
  4. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    There are complimentary pens and fields on Trammel and Felucca. You will not be able to mark the Delucia rune for Felucca though.

Felucca sheep will give you 2 wool every time you shear one, but the cotton plant only gives one.

I have found that making rounds between the Felucca sheep pens is a very fast way to get wool. Do you kill the sheep after you shear them? It takes over an hour for a sheep to regrow its wool, and a matter of minutes for a new one to spawn.

I found an old post that told you how to get UO Assis to stack the yarn (from wool), but I could never get it to work and gave up on it. So now I just drag the yarn into a container in my backpack so it stacks in there.

Stayin Alive,

5. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Oh yes; my beetle's name is SheepSlayer, and I have a nice little "all kill/waitfortarget/lasttarget" macro set up. I shear the sheep, have the beetle kill it, and move to the next while it's doing that. I can rack up a huge amount of wool in next to no time.

Edit: As long as the shepherd isn't corrupted. Sigh. Stupid Hatred.