1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

could someone give me some good ideas on a mage template for pvm/ PvP? thanks :-)

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Synbad, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

I'm looking for template suggestions ...I'm also a fisherman if that makes a difference...thanks again

2. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

seems like most mages are running
    120 myst
    120 focus
    120 mage
    120 eval
    that uses 480 in skill points givin you 240 left.
    than your choice of the rest, but you need some sort of passive defense. This could be a -mage weapon, a weapon skill (not good idea), wrestlin, or 100 anatomy. Than most would prolly put the rest into resist, and you want to squeeze fishin in there somewheres. So your best be would prolly be a -15 mage weapon, just make up the magery on a jewel, than run 120 fish, 120 resist. You could easily pvm and pvp on that temp, well Bo sucks at that temp but if you a good mage than thats the temp you want. More than 3 buttons confuses the Bo.

kelmo likes this.
  3. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Hey !! I've got all of those skills...now...tell me what to do with them. :confused2:

4. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Add inscription and make spellbooks.

**edit** I was responding to Garth,

#4 Victim of Siege, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  5. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bo would only add inscription to a temp with one casting skill.

6. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

This is how ignorant I am when it comes to PvP and tactics. I honestly thought the penalty for mage weapons could not be countered and that's why -15s were the best to have. I had no idea you could simply offset it with jewels. *sigh* Not sure why I admitted that either.

Bo Bo likes this.
  7. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

Yeah mystic mage is a good template... thanks for the advice Bo.. but im with you when it comes to the 3 button thing.... i think im gonna go with a pure mage... magery med eval wrestling resist inscription and maybe put poisoning in... think thatd work? and just stone fishing off and on

8. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Journeyman

That's the template I was using on Siege for a long time, I found it difficult to put good suits together though, also its poor for PvM really, Mystic at least has RCs

I think its no accident that Siege seems to have a higher ratio of dexxers than other shards, something like an archer is easier to get/make decent gear for and is great for both PvP and PvM

Synbad likes this.
  9. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

oh no... now what to do... i have taming skills as well.... but i prefer to play without dragging a GD around most of the time

10. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

so yeah PVM with taming works real well... im just thinking of a non tamer template

11. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Journeyman

If its a mage type template you want then the one Bo suggested is probably the best balance for both PvP and PvM.
    You can summon RCs which is a bit like having a GD in your pocket, probably want to be a gargoyle though so you don't have to be on foot while doing that.

Probably have to get a lot of regen on gear if using focus and no med though

12. Bane Cross

Bane Cross Adventurer

mystic/mage, so stfu not hard