1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Could this please get finally fixed ??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Jan 12, 2011.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is really annoying.

Whenever I need to log in and off multiple times, after like 10 or 11 ins and outs I always, inevitably get this error gump

This is NOT after a new client patch.

I am NOT mistyping my password as I use CTRL-V (paste) after having copied it exactly for faster repeated log ins.

I do NOT leave out any blank space.

Bottom line is, there is ZERO chance that I may be entering a wrong password.

When this happens, which mathematically is after 10 or 11 log ins, I have to stop trying for like 5 minutes and then the problem solves itself. I try again pasting the same password I tried before, when I got the error gump, and I can enter just fine.

It seems like the system blocks me after 10 or 11 log ins and I have to pause for about 5 minutes before I can log in another 10 or 11 times and so forth.

Of course, all of these continued and forced pauses slow me down and this makes me waste a LOT more of my time rather than what I could spend if the system did not stop me, forcedly.

Could it PLEASE get fixed once and for all ? Thanks.

2. soulstoner

soulstoner Guest

3. Babble

Babble Guest

EA is playing memory with you, to check if you really know your password :p

I cannot remember though that happening without me making a typing error

4. popps

popps Always Present

Not 1 chance that it is a user error.

Why ?

Because it SELF-SOLVES after about 5 minutes of waiting time before I enter again that same exact PASTED password.

As I said, and I repeat it here again, I do NOT type the password. I have it COPIED and I merely PASTE it doing CTRL-V.

And, there is NO SPACE added either before I paste it or after.

There is ZERO chance that this may be a user error, sorry.

If it was a user error I would NOT NEED to have to wait several minutes before I could again log in. This is the login server refusing me somehow to log in my account for several minutes after I have gon in and out like about 10, 11 times already.

5. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I get the same thing happen, its anoying as hell when collecting xmas gifts.

I think you'll find its there to stop scripters who log in to collect bods and such.

Plus if your account gets hacked you dont want them to loot you dry in 10 minutes, if it takes them 2 hours surely thats better for you.

If they take it out poops you'll then be moaning about all the bods and bod rewards that are on the market so cheep, or if you get hacked you'll cry they looted you before you had chance to change your password. :next:

:sad2::popcorn:

Thunderz

6. popps

popps Always Present

Well, since a script runs automatedly, without a human being there, that they have to wait 5 minutes for every 10-11 log ins I doubt it is something that would deter much a scripter.

Do not get me wrong, I am all for stopping scripting 100%, I just really doubt this annoying log in blocking really might deter any scripter.

Well, since I think this happens for fast log ins and outs, if an hacker was to loot clean an account on a given shard I doubt this would involve logging in and out a few secs.

It would need gathering stuff, moving it elsewhere and in general, all stuff that takes time to happen, way more time than just claiming a holiday ticket.....

So, I doubt that a hacker looting an account clean would get any real trouble from this login annoying thing.......

7. popps

popps Always Present

Now, This is something really strange.....

I have a second account, a newer one to the one giving me those login problems, and logging in and out repeatedly, on this newer account does NOT give the same problem.

I can log in and out fastly as many times I want on this other account and never get that error gump.

This is an account specific login problem ?

Uhu ???

Why would specific accounts have to go through this annoying login problem but other accounts not ?

What gives ??

8. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

popps just quit the game and go on with your life. you are stressing out way too much it's not worth it.

9. Babble

Babble Guest

It is EA and UO, why do you expect logic?
    And assuming a bugfree UO is optimistic, you either live with the quirks or you quit :)

10. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You can collect 1 bod an hour, so if it takes them 2+ hours to run there script they get half as many bods so the game has half as many bods as it would.

A hacker doesnt hang around playing on your chars lol they check every single one to see what they have and every rune book for runes to home/house and my vendors, then go back a loot the ones that are worth it. in out asap.

If the slight problem of twice a year having to spend a little longer collecting tickets im happy with this being inplace for those 2 reasons.

Its just epic fail with you all the time. Your gona give yourself a heart attack from stress rofl.

Thunderz

11. Gantry

Gantry Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I don't have this problem my self but when I do log out and in alot of times I get the message that theres another character logged in still. Sometimes I have to log back in with the first character a few times in my house to get him logged out. I found that opening a chest seems to help sometimes if I just recalled, walked through the door, and logged out in order to change to a diffrent character. Can this get fixed too? :)Thanks

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

'normal' game play does not require a player to log in and out repeatedly in a short space of time.
    Rather than request the removal of possible security measures, wouldn't it be more beneficial to adapt your playstyle instead?

13. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

I do not have this problem with multiple logins. I used to when i had an older machine and a different ISP. Popps, it may be your computer and connection not catching up.

Stayin Alive,

BG

14. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Who says her opinion has more weight? shes just making a comment like the rest of us.

Also she did say POSSIBLE security measure not that it WAS.

Go troll somewhere else please :next:

Thunderz

15. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

16. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

I do not read her posted suggestions in the same manner as you. I cannot recall any posts where I have seen her be rude or innapropriate.

But if you feel she ever steps out of line, she (even as an admin) is not immune to the rules here. If you feel she is being abusive, there is a "report post" icon in the bottom left corner of the posts. Use it and as I understand, there are other stratics staff to examine the actions of the staff. It will not go unnoticed.

Stayin Alive,

BG

17. popps

popps Always Present

Still, it really is inexplicable to me why only some accounts would be subject to this annoying problem, not others....

I mean, if the users were different, then it could be the connection, the computer, whatever depending on the 2 different users.

But since I get different occurrancies on 2 separate accounts where my connection is the same, the computer is the same, the user is the same, I can only conclude that this is a problem that is really and solely account specific.

That is, some accounts suffer it but some other accounts don't.

I can't help thinking WHY would some accounts be subject to this annoying problem but other accounts would be free of it.

18. popps

popps Always Present

Question.

If they are "security" measures, then how come on how account I experience them but on the other account I don't ?

I am not sure at all they are security measures because if they were, then ALL accounts should be subject to them.

Instead, as I said, using the exact same connection, IP, computer, everything, on one account I get login blockage and on another I do not.

I suspect it is something else, nothing security related.......

19. popps

popps Always Present

Really, those 2 activities can never even get close to the time needed to log in, claim a holiday ticket and log out.......

As fast as a scripter collecting BODs can be or a hacker looting an account, they can never even get close to the time (1 or 2 seconds) needed by a player simply logging in to claim a Holiday ticket and then logging out to proceed claiming with the next character....

Well, this year it has already been twice in a short time for the 13th Anniversary and for the Holidays. Soon it will also be, perhaps, for Valentine day and then Easter and then something else.

Sure, it is not a dramatic thing but still, if it is a bug (I really do not thing it is some security thing or I would have to experience it also on my second account which is instead problem free....), then I would not mind it getting fixed.

Especially, since it oddily affects only some accounts, not all of them.......

Why some accounts are plagued but some other accounts are instead free from this login blocking ??

20. popps

popps Always Present

Iris client ?
    Handle the score or thrice of people that play UO these days ?

I have no clue whatsoever what that is all about. Care to explain what that is all about in regards to UO ?

Thanks.

21. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's in regard to another thread about a 3d client used on freeshards. It has no bearing on this thread. He's just using it as an excuse to troll.

22. popps

popps Always Present

That could be a possible explaination "if" I did not login a second UO account from that same computer, using that same connection and IP, and using exactly all of the same things to log in both accounts.

One account experiences the login problems lamented, the other account DOES NOT.

I can only explain that by thinking this is some bug somehow account related.

Otherwise, why on earth one account has these problems but the other does not ??

23. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Maybe it has something to do with the login server. Lag or a hiccup along the way.

24. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

bad streak on RNG, bzzzzt you lose the ability to log in!

25. popps

popps Always Present

The thing that gets me puzzled, is that if it was an occasional problem, like a hiccup along the way or something occasional, I do not understand why the account that suffers the problem gets it precisely every 10 or 11 logins. Also, the waiting time before I can log back in, is always the same.

Now, if it was an occasional occurrance it should not repeat itself after a certain number of logins and it should not block me from logging in for always the same amoung of time, moreless.....

26. I Play UO

I Play UO Visitor

Don't paste your password and it won't happen. So yes, it IS a user error.

27. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Maybe hiccup isn't the best way to describe it. Think of it like marbles in a funnel. Normally they will go down without trouble, but occasionally 2 will get jammed up together causing a bottleneck. It may clear itself after a few moments, but it plugs up the works for a bit.

28. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

There are about 20 times as many things need fixing in this game than there are dev-hours to fix them in. To ask them to spend time fixing something that affects a very small minority of players and is easily avoided if the player himself takes just a fraction more time and care over the action is, in my very own opinion, not an efficient use of resources.

29. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

older accounts especially very old accounts are actually slightly different in the database than newer accounts and the way this shows up is when you make a username for MYUO on UO.COM - on my oldest accounts, i have to put an EA_ before the actual account name when signing up - maybe it was UO_ - don't remember, did it a while ago

which leads me to believe that the older accounts are handled slightly differently by the login server - I get that too many attempts in a short period of time thing too so it's definitely not your imagination or the way you're typing in your password

they're obviously just trying to make it harder for people to brute force your password I guess

30. Mairut

Mairut Guest

31. popps

popps Always Present

Hmmm..........I see.........understand......

But why it happens for one account, all the time, and not for the other account, none of the time........hmmmmmmm.....do not understand........

32. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That one has me stumped.
    Different size marbles or a bigger funnel for newer accounts maybe?

33. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe its because new accounts are less targeted by hackers as they will have nothing of value on them so no reason for the block.

But that wouldnt explain scripting unless your "newer" account is a trial, thus they cant mine the good stuff or collect bods so there is already a block inplace.

Or its like someone posted, its just an issue with old account due to coding.

Iv only had it happening in the last couple of years, iv lived at 2 places with really poor connection but it never happened in my first place when i had good connection so maybe its like someone else said, just your account connecting with the server.

Iv also had the issue where a char was logged out at an inn but got the message a char was still logged in, as someone else stated they have experianced.

Either way id like it to stay on my account for the purpose of preventing me from being completly hacked if it ever happens, i can possibly have time to save a few shards worth of wealth.

Thunderz

34. Gowron

Gowron Guest

Is it possible that an older account may have more bits of data (marbles) to be processed (funnel) than a newby account? Seems to make sense to me, if that is the case.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is trying to log in and log out 10 times or more in a 5 minute period, or why someone would want to make this a repetitive behavior to make this such a grievous problem that requires an immediate fix.

35. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

With reguards to your sig quote.

I prefer this one

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

:D

Thunderz

36. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

Truthfully I was going to ignore this thread because there could be a simple solution to your problem. I dont want a million questions or debates after I post this popps. If it works great if it doesnt then no worries. It's free help.

I need to know...

1) Which windows Operating system on your computer?

2) Are you using UOA to start UO or just using UO?

3) What type of internet conection you have?

4) Do you play the ingame music when you are playing?

37. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

How about this. When all the important bugs get fixed, let's bug the devs about it then. In the meantime, don't get caught up continually and rapidly trying to log in and out.

38. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you read the warrior forums under a post about "have you got tinker legs yet" you will see him asking a DEV to "check the game code", as he thinks that tamers get a different loot table, thus a lesser chance at getting rare drop ROFLMFAO.

Its just him being pissed that it takes him 2 weeks to kill a renound on his tamer, logging in and out every 2 mins to save his pet as he doesnt know how to play the game and keep his pet alive so he comes here moaning that he never gets a drop when a warrior can get 2 a day, although he cant kill anything or it takes him 2 weeks as he comes hear moan about the game when its just him who cant play the game.

poops its called RNG, thats random number generator, ill explain for you!!!

If a rare drop requires the rng to roll a 1-25 for a drop thats a 25% chance and a 75% not to get one, 1 in 4 ok? folloing me?

If you kill 4 monsters thats a 1 drop. If it takes you 6 hours of logging in and out to save you pet trying to get one, but a warrior can kill 4 in 5 mins they get a chance at 3 per hour but you get a chance at 1 a day.

Get the idea now??

Thunderz

Thunderz

39. Fat Midnight

Fat Midnight Visitor

Why not multi-client?

40. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I use the paste macro to key in passwords when I collect gifts too.

Had the same thing happen a couple of times, managed to find out why, so maybe it will help you.

1) Each char has it's own macros file. Some of mine didn't have the paste macro defined. When I logoff that char, the client will use that char's macro file and will not have the paste macro. This can be identified easily if you don't see the * after hitting the keys for your paste macro. Take note of which chars you are having problems with and check the macro file of the char you logged on prior to that.

2) Sometimes I hit the macro key twice

3) Other times, my ctrl key wasn't pressed fully and the client only received a v

All the instances above can be identified when you see the wrong number of * in the password field.

If not, the only other explanation is that the ip packets were received incorrectly/out of order/lagged. When this appens to me, I either get the communication with origin error, or the client just hangs waiting for the server selection screen that never comes. I have to terminate the client and restart.

41. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

I have never tried pasting and copying a UO account password but I do recall that when Mythic added the ability to apply a security question to our UO accounts, I believe that they also mentioned that too many failed password attempts would time you out for a bit.

That might explain the 5 minute delay you experience.

Of course using the correct password cancels the time out immediately.

42. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

popps, looks like it Could be worse. I doubt anyone out here knows for sure why. Submit it as a bug(if you can find the correct url/email addy). If you're waiting on a Dev to read this and give Any type of response, don't be surprised to see nothing.

43. SchezwanBeefy

SchezwanBeefy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

44. Petra, methinks you've solved it ...

POPPS? You are the perfect candidate for the following quest, if you choose to accept.

As you have over the past many months, brought forward many obscure Yet pertinant "bugs"

If you would be so kind as to Assemble a LIST of all known bugs (at a minimum the ones you think so)
    Properly prioritized against a properly weighted matrix
    Properly annotated as to the suspected nature of its Cause & effect
    with a inter related matrix of how it affects and causes other bugs & game play?

This would be a marvelous tool & framework for the devs and QA to USE
    to assault (and best of all defeat/remove) ALL bugs from UO.

Petra and cohorts can be petitioned for your own forum
    yes, I said it, they can be and they will likely comply.

Now is the time to act
    current ownership PROMOTES the concept
    -------------

What say you sirrah? Dare ye accept a promotion?
    A "work space" under your command
    control of the input, output, form, staff, direction, intent

a veritable living wiki you will become ...
    consider it wisely sirrah.