1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Inspector, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Inspector

Inspector Guest

I think that the boys in blue should be brought back... with some kind of contract or clause that they have to sign.. Drawn up by the EA Legal Dream Team pretty much saying no matter what that they can't sue this time.. Don't Impose minumum hours a day that they have to log on and help, simply because you don't do that for the few GM's that you do EMPLOY. I can't count how many times someone has needed a GM and only get thier problem fixed by it days or even weeks later.... I mean get like 40 councilors with good standing accounts you could offer them free game time for their services.. But limit the power they have... NO ITEM CREATION, etc.. etc. I think this would help with a few players that are very frustrated about who to go to when they need help and other players just don't cut it.
    I dunno just a thought from me to cut down on the quitters over minor problems that they are fed up of dealing with, when most of the matters could be resolved easily.
  2. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 14, 2007
    the problem i see is they would limit their power so much that they would just become useless..
    you got a problem, you page a gm, then you get the counselor that says oh i cant fix this, lets page the gm..
    waiting in line again..
  3. Fink

Fink Guest

Counsellors could answer those questions which only tie up GM's time, which would serve the players properly with shorter wait times and proper complaint scheduling.

A quicker response from a counsellor might answer a question, or at least identify a problem as something a GM should handle. This way GMs would only be called for that which requires their intervention. I think if set up properly it could be more efficient and, as importantly, afford more customer satisfaction.

I feel a good counsellor team with solid and current gameplay-based knowledge would be an asset to customer service.
  4. Inspector

Inspector Guest

Exactly, I know alot of people are frustrated and even may have quit because of the lack of service... At least having one of the boys in blue could show up and try to help with the problem and at the very least make the person feel better about the long wait for the GM. And make them feel better by knowing that someone is at least paying attention to thier problem.
  5. Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 13, 2003
    it would be simple and pretty save thing to do.

Do contracts similar to what the EMs are getting so they would be getting paid a small amount of $$ and it would be a volonter possition and give them a "councler account"

That account would be monitored by saving the logs and all that fun stuff and would only have certain powers.

Like beeing able to unstuck players or maybe retrive objects falling under houses/plots. Stuff that dont require alot removing a stuck item from a bag.

At least for me it would mean a world more to be able to talk to someone rather then beeing send to a knowledge base that has nothing to do with my troubles.

It would fasten the GM waiting times substantially.
  6. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    Councelors can't actually create items. So not much chances of abuse. We can teleport people to jail though. I agree with other posters that it will cut the gm queue by half. Most folks just need questions answered or a listening ear/second opinion. Or at least tell folks if any GMs are online.