1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Countdown 2009 - Post when you hit midnight!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ifful, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Ifful

Ifful Guest

Happy new year from a not too distant future! My local time shows 1 minute into January 1, 2009.

How was UO for you in 2008?
    Did you even log in?
    Did you ever log out?

Tell us your local time in your post if you're not near the midnight chime. What year is it now where you sit?
    :sleep2::D

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

LOL, sorry...I will be out with friends at midnight...not in front of the computer...la

3. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'll be in bed asleep at midnight here...............cuz I have to work.
    Ugh.

4. Yazman

Yazman Guest

Its 2009 now. In 2008 I quit UO for the second time, back in January. I have suddenly wanted to come back and some people here have pretty much convinced me to return, so I'm thinking about doing it.

5. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

It's exactly 12 hours for me.....

Sadly to say....I haven't logged into UO in...I can't even remember how long.
    I've been following all the patches and publishes religeously, posting the news with the same vigor and cheer as I always do, even posting on the forums every now and then.

Real life always has a way of getting in the way at just the wrong times, and I had to let my accounts go inactive...my houses are long gone by now, along with everything that I had aquired in the 5 years I've been playing.

The luna house I had placed the day Origin went live is safely in the hands of my dear friend Corin, but everything else is gone.

I'm hoping that the New Year brings good changes for me, and for all of you, my dear Stratics friends, and to the game I love so much...

To the Devs, old and new..the ones that have gone....CatHat..Wilki...Silvani....the list is too long....to the ones that remain..Draconi, Leurocian.....Jeremy wherever you are I hope you're New Years is filled with good things.

I hope to see a baby Master or Mistress of Disaster in the New Year (Nudges Kil and Tim) To Patrick and his Wife, my your little one bring you much joy in the New Year.

Happy New Years UO.....to another great year.

Larisa

6. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'm posting for my brother who is in Iraq. It is now 2009 there (as of 23 minutes ago).

7. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

About an hour and a half before you posted this =)

Didnt go out and celebrate, cos I had gastro - GREAT day to get it, right? =P

I *do* get to celebrate twice though - my husband's family live in Spain, and in about an hour and a half we will be sitting in front of the webcam doing the countdown with them, and eating a grape with each chime of the clock for midnight =)

Is strange for me, cos (generally speaking) they all stay home til midnight in Spain, THEN go out and party til sometime the next day - whereas here, you're pretty much lucky if you find anyone still standing at midnight ;)

8. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

[YOUTUBE]zxXfsI1gfZI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vrTn8IVW3DA[/YOUTUBE]

Happy New Year from Australia! 10 hours ago :p

9. Banner

Banner Guest

Well I have 7 1/2 hrs to go and I will do the same thing I did last year. And that is go to bed around 9 tell my wife that I love her and to please do not wake me until next year :lick:.

10. Katlene

Katlene Guest

>11 hours ago lol. I was no where near a comp was out partying at mates place had a ball!!!!
    Im not a big drinker so the 2 tequila shots (first timer :p) & what ever that other drink i ingested had quite the effect hehe.
    Was a great night though, even some naught locals put on a fireworks show not far from where we were was great!!
    Happy 2009 to everyone!

11. I will be to drunk to post at midnight so i am doing it now. Happy New Years From California USA!! Friends and i went to store and spent a ton on booze. Followed by going to Papa Murphy's and getting a ton of pizza's.

Its only 4:16pm right now and i have already started my drinking and Girlfriend and I are about to go start the BBQ to BBQ some stuff for dinner. We will cook the pizza's when it gets alittle later.

Happy New years UO!!!

~Blades

*passes beers and Sailor Jerry's with coke around to everyone*

12. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Midnight's about 5 1/2 hours away and I don't expect to be sitting at the computer when it gets here! We're going to my in-law's to eat and play cards like we do every New Year's Eve. We're also keeping our grandsons overnight, so around midnight I'm hoping hubby and I will be looking at those two little sweethearts fast asleep and maybe have ourselves a wee champagne toast.

Happy New Year's to all!

13. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Almost 2am here, and I've been on the rum - it being Hogmany, it's practically an obligation ;D I would have posted earlier, but my best friend called. She's in WY now, (and I still feel like I'm missing a limb; come home woman!) so, when it gets there, all the best to you guys. As we say here Bliadha Mhath Ur ;D

14. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Will be spending midnight here, leaving in an hour to drive over there for the festivities...

[​IMG]

Happy New Year everyone!

15. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Get a life.. hmm wait.. Then again once you hit 25+ 12/31 just becomes another day.

16. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tis the bewitching Hr here on the East Coast..... Happy New Years!!!

17. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Er... hit a few minutes ago. Forgot to post. Sorry. :x

18. Happy New Year from MOA Auction House of Great Lakes.

East Coast USA

19. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Here is me when it hit newyears "Happy new years east coast"

[​IMG]

20. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

46 mins into the New Year for me. Happy Happy to everyone! :)

21. Happy New Years. May you all have a safe one this evening and lets hope that this year is far better then the last for all of us!

22. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

15 minutes into 2009 here in the Windy City.

Happy New Years from Chicago :)

23. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Over an hour late because I fell asleep.

Happy New Year :danceb:

24. Sargon

Sargon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Happy New Year everyone. Who would have ever thought, 2009 and UO is still going strong!

25. Happy New Year from soggy Oregon (But Ducks and Beavers LIKE Soggy LOL - and both won!)

Sorcha
    a proud Quacker Backer

26. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

17 hours late, but Happy New Year anyhow...