1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Counter Interruption of bard songs

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Kelly O'Brian, May 30, 2012.

1. Kelly O'Brian

Kelly O'Brian Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Does Protection or Casting Focus helps to avoid Interruption of bard songs?
    Which other possibilties exist to get interupted less often? Which one you use?

2. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I wish man... I seriously wish this were the case... IMO bards are so crippled or "handicapped" in PvP or even pvE cause all it takes is a a few hits and the buffs are removed... It's hard to really build a versatile template with the bard masteries because for 1. The template to be at it's fullest would need to be a 4x bard... 4x bard would leave you with 2 other skills... You need meditation or focus to keep your mana up to keep masteries going... So if you choose one of those then you can pick ONE more skill... It's really unrealistic to build very many interesting 4x bard templates... Kind of ridiculous to, I mean really what's the point in creating the system like that when it's to tight to fit anything else in the template if you are a 4x bard. :-/, I gave up myself.. I love the masteries and all but to be a full fledged bard at 4x for the full benefit of masteries is asking for to many skill points.

Remove the interuption from bard masteries or FIX it and that would be a start.

startle likes this.
  3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

the masteries and bards in general have never been front line fighters.
    thats the melee guys job.
    we have always been relegated to chucking spells and barding over their shoulders as they fight.
    hell, im just happy that they give us credit towards kills now for just using barding skills!

startle and Raider Red like this.
  4. Zero Day

Zero Day Guest

Rather than casting focus or protection your best bet would be to go with faster casting.
    With FC 4 you can get your spells cast pretty quickly if you've been interrupted.

In PvM, I rarely get interrupted. In PvP it varies. But most importantly the effects don't wear off immediately you have a 2-3 second period where you still get the benefits of the mastery abilities.