1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Couple of questions..

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by The Craftsman, Feb 23, 2009.

1. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

So, i decided to throw my ultima hat in the ring again after 12 months of not having any active accounts. Rather than the hum drum of the normal shards (which is all ive ever played) I decided to give Siege a go.

Some of my most fun days ever in UO were as a crafter, so with the promise of a thriving Siege economy I decided to give it a go as a crafter, to get a feel for the world. So far I'm having great fun mining and smithing, lumberjacking and tinkering etc. Only thing is, gold is a problem as you cant resell to vendors on Siege.

However ... on this account (a 5 year account) I have 1 reward choice left and was thinking of selling it on Siege. My questions are:

a) Is there a market for vet reward items (up to 5 years) on Siege?(are they even tradable?)
    b) If so, what can I expect to make in gold? im hoping to put it away for a (very) small house one day soon.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Siege is more fun so far than I thought it would be, despite being PK'd once already for no reason in particular.

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

There is a resource guide stickied to the the top of the forum to give you some prices. I wouldn't be so quick to sell your vet rewards. A soulstone or commodity deed box would come in very handy for a crafter. Train your lumberjacking and mining skills and if you have magery, train it while collecting leather. Sell these items in game...you can find buyers on these forums all the time.

Oh, and welcome to the shard. Glad you are enjoying yourself...la

3. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

Thanks Rico .. although I checked all the Stickys and couldnt find anything on vet reward prices. Maybe I missed it.

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

If you go to the Barter Town mines (formerly the Minoc mines), be sure to wear the required uniform.

5. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Vet rewards aren't what I was speaking about. I was speaking about resources like ingots, logs and leather hides.

Right now vet rewards sell around 100-150 per year, but the soulstones are selling between 2-3 million, and the deed boxes between 1-2 million...la

6. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

Thanks! I'll be sure to get myself some new headgear.

Resource prices look good .. i wasnt expecting them to be that high.

7. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Because NPCs do not sell any resources here, they all must be gathered by human players, makes them quite lucrative especially for new players.

Also, I would highly suggest you do not take any of your vet rewards and sell. You'll become additicted to soulstones and soulstones sell for about 2 mil gold, more than any reward you can sell. If you really need to, the commodity deed box seems to have been selling for about 1.5 million. Easiest thing to do is just post an offer here for any 1-5 year vet reward, and see who replies to you.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

When I first arrived I lived in Delucia inn. I got gold from doing smith bods, which also got me shovels to keep mining and nice skill gains. I sheered the sheep and did tailor bods too. I found I didn't need large amounts of cash. Keep your vet rewards, soulstones and commodity deed boxes are very useful.